1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solid State Books on Topological Insulators

1. Nov 8, 2017 #1
    Hello.
    Do you know of any good material on topological insulators like books, review papers etc?
    I would prefer something more oriented towards theoretical physics(because I know that there are reviews out there that are purely experimental).
    Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Have you tried searching for them via google?

4. Nov 9, 2017 #3
    Google will give books, but not suggest books. Here, the OP will get suggestions from experts in each field, while google will simply enlist the book names without suggesting the pros and cons of each.

5. Nov 9, 2017 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

There may not be any experts in these areas on our site. We are a group of volunteers who try to help students. That is our main mission.

If you list the books you find then someone will say oh I read that and .... then you’ll get something tangible here to consider.

6. Nov 9, 2017 #5

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I'm sorry that you have been getting sent around in circles on this; I've been preparing an exam on this very topic and didn't have a chance to reply to your first query (which was well-posed, IMO).

The topics you are asking about are largely too recent for books, most of the topics are found in review articles (Rev. Mod. Phys.) and in ArXiv. In general, you are asking about many-body physics, and Coleman's book "Introduction to Many-Body Physics" is a good place to start (assuming it's at an appropriate level for you).

7. Nov 9, 2017 #6
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Does the textbook contain more recent material such as Weyl semimetals?

Also, do you, by any chance, have lecture notes based on your course that would not have a problem sharing?

8. Nov 9, 2017 #7

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

9. Nov 9, 2017 #8
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted