Books to help understand Physics?

1. Oct 14, 2004 #1
    Books to help understand Physics??

I'm in college taking a basic level Physics course and I can't seem to fully understand it by reading my book & my professor confuses me even more. Has anyone used any books or cd-roms to help you understand Physics better? If so, would you mind sharing? Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2004 #2
    By the way, I'm thinking of like a book that I can check out from the library that has maybe practice problems to help or something?? I'm getting a D in my class & I have to get a B in it. Anyone read Schaum's Outline of theory & problems of college physics, The complete idiot's guide to physics, or Ace your midterms & Finals: Physics??

4. Oct 14, 2004 #3
    I have got quite a few books, REA, Schaums, outline series, etc. and none of them cover the material I need them to for my college class, although it is honors so it may be different. They seem to do alot worse than the text book and are more of a reference, although I don't find them of much use overall.

5. Oct 14, 2004 #4

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Get Resnick and Halliday.

6. Oct 14, 2004 #5
    I'm guessing those are the authors...what are the titles of the books? Thanks

7. Oct 14, 2004 #6
    "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday, Resnick and Walker is quite good,

"Physics" by Giancoli is also quite good.

8. Oct 15, 2004 #7
    Physics (Volume 1 & 2) by D Halliday, R Resnick and K Krane. Publisher : John Wiley & Sons. You really have to get this book.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?