1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Boost Inverter [Z-soure]

1. Sep 20, 2008 #1
    Hello Every1

I'm doin a project on PWM Z-source inverter(Forget about the voltage ratings for now). I have a basic doubt in its operation. As we all Know Z-source inverter can provide both Buck and Boost output. For a boost output (in case of 1phase H-Bridge type) we have to fire both the Thyristors of the same leg simultaneously.This is called the shoot through mode Operation of Z-Source inverters. My question is How is the Voltage boosted in this mode? in the same way for a current source inverter if v apply the shoot through mode(It is allowed in CSI) do we get boosted output? Even if the output is boosted across where do we get it? i mean in the shoot through mode of Z-source inverter the inverter bridge is short circuited just as in the Current source inverter. Even in the schematic diagram of Z-source inverter the Inverter bridge in replaced by a current source. So where do v get the Output and How is it boosted in both Z-source inverters and the CSI?

Regards
    Anand

PS-Plz help as i hav my project review in a couple of days and still i'm not getting the basics right.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted