Booting BIOS for two GPUs

joshmccraney
Gold Member
Hi PF!

I am trying to have 2 GPUs work on one MOBO, but currently the screen only works with one GPU installed (doesn't matter which). I contacted the MOBO manufacturer, and they said to go into BIOS and disable one of the PCIE slots pertaining to the second GPU. Then plug in the second GPU, reboot, go into BIOS and turn the PCIE slot on. Can anyone with experience confirm this (there was a slight communication barrier, so I want to ensure this is correct)?

Thanks so much

Answers and Replies

It seems reasonable. BIOS could have gotten off to a wrong start and this puts the machine back to a single GPU state and then later to a double GPU state.

Hopefully you won’t have to do this each time the machine is powered on or rebooted.

Of course, caveats galore here as it may not work anyway.

Likes joshmccraney
joshmccraney
Gold Member
It seems reasonable. BIOS could have gotten off to a wrong start and this puts the machine back to a single GPU state and then later to a double GPU state.

Hopefully you won’t have to do this each time the machine is powered on or rebooted.

Of course, caveats galore here as it may not work anyway.
Alright, thanks. Just wanted to make sure! Oh gosh, why'd you even mention I might have to do this each time? LOL please no!

Suggested for: Booting BIOS for two GPUs

Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post