What do you do when you are bored?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around different ways to combat boredom. Some people savor the moment, some visit websites, some go out drinking, and others just enjoy doing nothing. There is also a mention of a legendary shot in pool and a secret about "good old jimmyp." The conversation ends with a request for others to share what they do when they are bored.
jimmy p
Gold Member
I am bored at the moment so i thought that i would start a new thread to see what you guys do when you are bored.

So, without further ado, WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO WHEN YOU ARE BORED??

Physics news on Phys.org
I think about the character Dunbar, from Catch 22. He noticed that when he was bored, time seemed to slow down. He decided he could live forever if he could maintain a state of constant boredom.

When I'm bored, I savor the moment. My life has been sadly lacking in boredom lately.

Njorl

I read posts labeled "Boredom."

LOL

so far today i have tidied and hoovered my room...god I am bored! hopefully i will go out tonight if i can persuade Andy that he wants to go drinking again tonight.

Boredom? As in having time with nothing to do? OMG, I can't even remember the last time I had an actual free moment as opposed to putting something critical on hold while I do something else (like when I pop in here). I have WAY too much to do. Chopnik, savor the free time, you may never have it again.

Yeah usually i enjoy free time but with no-one to spend it with it just wastes away, I am looking at alternative measures...maybe i can steal someone elses idea!

Keep posting people!

Cheers to the Beer!

Hail to the Ale!

Lets go get pissed!

Drinking buddy! woot woot, at least I am not bored in the evenings now!

Yea got to spend the fruits of my labour on something.

Do what I do, be a slacker and enjoy every ounce of time you spend doing nothing

"What do you do if..."

You're bored?

"Ask a stupid quetion..."

Evo, after what i just found out about good old jimmyp, you would be so proud:wink: , oh and i kicked his ass at pool aswell.

who da man?

anyway, its not everyday you see someone pot 3 balls (of the same colour!) in 3 different pockets with one shot, eh Andy. I am a legend!

Nah, but it was very flukey. Maybe be a legend, but a flukey legend.

...and you didnt quite kick my ass, you were just making up for the fact that i beat you on thursday

ANYWAY PEOPLE, KEEP POSTING WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE BORED

Originally posted by Andy
Evo, after what i just found out about good old jimmyp, you would be so proud:wink:
Tell me!

lol only good things of course, to make you proud. I am a good boy.

:smile:

and i love my smileys!

What do you do when you are bored?

When I am bored, I typically engage in activities that stimulate my mind and keep me entertained. This can include reading a book, playing a board game, going for a walk, or trying out a new hobby.

Do you have any suggestions for activities to do when bored?

Yes, there are plenty of activities you can do when you are feeling bored. Some ideas include watching a movie, listening to music, doing a puzzle, cooking or baking, or even volunteering in your community.

Why is it important to find activities to do when bored?

It is important to find activities to do when bored because boredom can lead to feelings of restlessness, dissatisfaction, and even depression. Engaging in enjoyable activities can improve mood and overall well-being.

How can I make sure I am not wasting my time when I am bored?

One way to prevent wasting time when bored is to set goals or make a plan for what you want to accomplish during your free time. This can give you a sense of purpose and keep you motivated to stay productive.

Are there any activities you recommend avoiding when bored?

It is best to avoid activities that are unhealthy or unproductive when bored, such as excessive screen time, mindlessly scrolling through social media, or overeating. Instead, try to engage in activities that are mentally or physically stimulating and bring you joy.