Borel Resummation: Math Tool & Physics Applications | Tutorial

• Thread starter eljose79
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the application of Borel resummation in physics and where to find an introduction to this mathematical method. The individual suggests checking Google for more information and provides a specific webpage as an example. They also mention the potential challenges of applying Borel resummation in physics, particularly with infinite terms and non-renormalizable theories.
eljose79
what is that math tool and how is applied in phyiscs...?, where could i find an introduction to this math method ?..thanks. (if posible tell me the webpage where the process is explained..thanks)

Physics news on Phys.org
Typing Borel resummation into the box at www.google.com[/url] got me 1161 responses. Out of the first 10 I picked [URL=http://algo.inria.fr/seminars/sem00-01/lutz.html]this one[/URL] , I hope it helps you. If you want to find something better, do the google and keep searching.

Last edited by a moderator:
reply...

I have read in google about borel resummation but how do you apply it to physics?..in fct some terms of the perturbation will give infinite how you can absorbe this using borel resummation?..

How about if theory is not renormalizable...?

1. What is Borel resummation and how is it used in mathematics?

Borel resummation is a mathematical tool used to sum up divergent series that do not converge in the usual sense. It involves applying a transformation to a divergent series called the Borel transform, which can often give a finite result for the sum. This method is commonly used in perturbation theory and other areas of mathematics.

2. How does Borel resummation relate to physics?

Borel resummation has many applications in physics, particularly in quantum field theory. It is used to sum up divergent Feynman diagrams, which represent the interactions between particles. This allows for a more accurate calculation of physical quantities such as scattering amplitudes and energy levels.

3. Can Borel resummation be used for any type of divergent series?

No, Borel resummation is only effective for certain types of divergent series. It is most commonly used for power series that are asymptotic, meaning the terms grow larger but eventually approach zero. Other types of divergent series, such as alternating series, may require different resummation techniques.

4. Are there any limitations to Borel resummation?

Like any mathematical tool, Borel resummation has its limitations. It may not always give an accurate result for the sum of a divergent series, and some series may not be amenable to Borel resummation at all. Additionally, the Borel transform itself may not converge, which can affect the accuracy of the final result.

5. How can I learn more about Borel resummation?

There are many resources available for learning about Borel resummation, including textbooks, online tutorials, and research articles. It is a complex topic, so a strong background in mathematics and physics is recommended. Additionally, practicing with examples and consulting with experts in the field can help deepen understanding of this powerful tool.