What Do You Think of Delphi? - Student Prices Available

• Thread starter aychamo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Student
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of Delphi, a programming language. The speaker shares their experience with using Delphi in the past and asks for opinions on its current state. The conversation also touches on the availability and pricing of Delphi for students. One person mentions that Delphi is still used for basic computer science classes, while another mentions its perceived disadvantages. No specific answer is given on where to purchase Delphi at a cheaper price.
aychamo
Hey guys..

I was curious what you guys think of Delphi these days? I bought a copy (I think version 2..) a long time ago, and programmed with that on my laptop for a while. A few years passed, and I got a job programming with either Delphi 4 or 5 (I can't remember).

Anyways, sometimes I miss writing programs in it. So I see Delphi is up to version 8 now. What do you guys think of Delphi? I know it's the "other side" because it is based in Pascal, but I'm not writing any mission-critical stuff, or stuff that has to be milliseconds faster than someone elses.

Is it still a good language? And, also, do you know where I can purchase it the cheapest? (I'm still a student, so I try to find places with student prices.)

Computer science news on Phys.org
Oh my!, another one ?? ---lol---
Come on man!
Anyway, it is also advisable for you to try your best, yeah, choose a cheap one, why don't you ask some of your friends who I guess have a better tracer program...--lol--

I used to play around with pascal 6 or 7 years ago, and if I recall correctly, I once heard from some of my friends who now studying in some other schools that Delphi is still in use but especially just for elementary classes in computer science (for freshmen's first semester only, and C will be in its place when the second semester comes).
Hope that helps.

Is anyone here capable of giving a comprehensible, lucid answer?

aychamo said:
Is anyone here capable of giving a comprehensible, lucid answer?
If my English is not bad, the post above as far as I can understand already answered half of your question.
And as far as i can recognize, although there are many a nice try to improve the performance so as to be the same as the most modern and "considered-to-be" good programming language, Delphi I think is still unable to hide some of its obvious "disadvantages", which unluckily turn Delphi into a not-oftenly-used language.
Where to buy the cheapest one ?
I am sorry I don't know, it is just like "sharing CBO's features or operations", I mean there is only one who pays for the original price of Delphi, and then freely shares his properties with his friends. No body knows...

Hope that helps.
-Charles

1. What is Delphi?

Delphi is a software development platform that allows users to create applications for various platforms, including desktop, mobile, and web.

2. How does Delphi compare to other software development platforms?

Delphi is known for its ease of use, quick development time, and cross-platform capabilities. It also has a strong community and support system.

3. Can students get discounted prices for Delphi?

Yes, there are discounted prices available for students who are interested in using Delphi for their projects or studies. These prices vary and can be found on the official Delphi website.

4. Is Delphi suitable for beginners?

Yes, Delphi is considered to be a beginner-friendly platform, as it has a user-friendly interface and drag-and-drop components that make it easy to learn and use.

5. What types of applications can be created with Delphi?

Delphi can be used to create a wide range of applications, including business software, games, mobile apps, and more. It also supports multiple programming languages, such as Object Pascal and C++.