Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Boston Trip

1. Aug 18, 2009 #1
    Went to Boston, MA with a few friends over the weekend. Main places we visited were Paul Reveres house and grave site, the Old North Church, The Museum of Science, and the USS Constitution.

I really wanted to get a few pictures around MIT, Harvard University, and Cambridge College. Also wanted to visit the Springfield Armory and Samuel Adams Brewery. Guess i'll have to make those for another trip which will hopefully be really soon.

Hello Boston!
    IMG00107.jpg

IMG00108.jpg

IMG00109.jpg

IMG00112.jpg

IMG00114.jpg

IMG00115.jpg

USS Constitution 'Old Ironsides'. Oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat in the world.
    IMG00117.jpg

IMG00125.jpg

George Washington
    IMG00126.jpg

IMG00127.jpg

IMG00130.jpg

IMG00132.jpg

IMG00144.jpg

Ran across this and just had to take a picture. :rofl:
    IMG00129.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2009 #2

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Thanks for sharing the pics!

How did you all like driving in Boston? :devil:

4. Aug 18, 2009 #3
    It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but Bostoners definitely love to use their carhorn when possible. At one point we had two people behind us honking their horns at us because we didn't pull out in front of a passing ambulance that had it's lights on. We all just laughed at that point saying, 'seriously?

5. Aug 18, 2009 #4

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yup, sounds like the Boston I know.

My thesis advisor, a Boston native, used to say, "There are no bad drivers in Boston. All the bad drivers are dead."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook