Boston University's LEAP program for engineering

In summary, for specific information on admission requirements for this program, it is best to refer to the official website or contact the program directly. Having a double major in finance and economics with a math minor and a strong performance on the GRE can be beneficial for your application, even with a relatively lower GPA. Highlighting your relevant skills and experiences, as well as obtaining strong recommendations, can also strengthen your application.
chrisb123
So I've seen a good amount of posts on here about this program but wanted to know if anyone knows specifics about admission requirements from experience or friends. I've had trouble finding anything related to that on their website or other forums.

I come from a small state school, double major finance and economics with a math minor and 3.15 overall gpa (3.6 last 2 years did a lot of maturing). Though I haven't taken the GRE's yet I am expecting a near 800 quant and prob a 550-600 verbal based off SATs. I should have solid recommendations and have been working in finance for a year.

Anyone know what they typically look for or accept? Kinda worried about my relatively low gpa.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

I am not familiar with the specific admission requirements for this program. However, based on my experience and knowledge of admissions processes, I can offer some general advice and suggestions.

Firstly, it is always best to refer to the program's official website for specific admission requirements. If you are unable to find this information on their website, you can try contacting the program directly for more information.

In terms of your academic background, having a double major in finance and economics with a math minor is a strong foundation for a program in this field. Your GPA may be on the lower side, but if you have shown improvement in your last two years and have a strong performance on the GRE, this can demonstrate your academic potential and ability to excel in the program.

In addition to your academic background, the program may also consider your work experience in the finance field and your recommendations. It is important to highlight any relevant skills and experiences you have gained in your current job that may be applicable to the program.

Overall, my advice would be to focus on showcasing your strengths and potential in your application. This can include emphasizing your academic achievements, relevant skills and experiences, and strong recommendations. Good luck with your application!

What is the LEAP program for engineering at Boston University?

The LEAP (Learning and Early Engagement in the Arts and Sciences and Engineering) program at Boston University is a summer program designed for incoming first-year students who are interested in pursuing a degree in engineering. It provides students with an opportunity to get a head start on their engineering studies and acclimate to college life.

Who is eligible to participate in the LEAP program for engineering?

All incoming first-year students who have been admitted to Boston University and have declared an engineering major are eligible to participate in the LEAP program.

What are the benefits of participating in the LEAP program for engineering?

Participating in the LEAP program allows students to earn up to eight credits towards their engineering degree, giving them a head start on their coursework. It also provides students with the opportunity to meet and connect with fellow engineering students, as well as faculty and staff in the College of Engineering. Additionally, students will have the chance to explore the city of Boston and engage in hands-on engineering projects.

What courses are offered in the LEAP program for engineering?

The LEAP program offers a variety of courses in different engineering disciplines, such as mechanical, biomedical, electrical, and computer engineering. Some examples of courses offered in the past include Introduction to Engineering Design, Introduction to Computer Programming, and Introduction to Biomedical Engineering.

How do I apply for the LEAP program for engineering?

Students can apply for the LEAP program by completing the online application and submitting all required materials, such as high school transcripts and a personal statement. The application typically opens in February and the deadline to apply is in May. Accepted students will be notified in June.