Boundary Condition

1. Hi all,
    I am facing difficulties about boundary condition in Hollow Cylinder. its like wave diffusion equation in hollow cylinder. can anyone help me out to solve this problem. I need some good reverences.
    Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. tiny-tim

tiny-tim 26,041
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi mhmonon! Welcome to PF! :smile:
    We're all very reverend here. o:)

Show us how far you got, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

4. FredGarvin

FredGarvin 5,087
    Science Advisor

You need to be more precise with what you are doing. That will directly influence what the BCs are.

5. here I attached the equation with the boundary value.
    Please see the attachment.

Attached Files:

6. FredGarvin

FredGarvin 5,087
    Science Advisor

I think your nomenclature is a bit different than what I am used to seeing. You are solving a PDE for the velocity potential, correct? Your boundary conditions are on omega which is usually circular frequency. Is that correct?

7. actually it is a wave diffusion equation in hollow cylindrical problem.. I think I can solve this problem.

8. HallsofIvy

HallsofIvy 40,800
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

that is the equation for r, after you have separted variables r and [itex]\theta[/itex]. One "unstated" boundary condition is that the function must be finite at r= 0. That gives you one of your constants immediately.

9. hi HallsofIvy,
    Thanks for your reply. Yep you are right. But I am facing here another problem. The problem is that I have no condition at r=0; Instead of r=0 I have another condition that is ri(internal radius)=0. So I can not eliminate one. Bye

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?