Boyfriend, kills girl friends parents

In summary: It's not really that relevant, though.In summary, the kid should be punished because he killed two people, and the girlfriend should be punished because she helped him.
megas
what should happen to this kid and his girlfriend?

Physics news on Phys.org
First of all, provide a link to the story here. Secondly, this is hardly an event of political or global importance - it belongs in GD.

I don't believe in capital punishment, only because I know that innocent people are convicted all the time. An ex-friend of mine is doing life for getting her boyfriend and a cohort to do the same (with a hammer, no less), and they got off easier than I would have liked. (She was adopted, by the way--there's gratitude for you.)

sorry but its been awhile sense I've been here, ill get a link

If this is that kid that killed the two parents and had that arsenal of like 54 weapons... if so, then does anyone know what the girls involvement was? Did the boyfriend do it by himself or was the girl in on it too?

courtrigrad, please provide REAL links, not children's blogs. Theres a quality of information standard in this forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if she put him up to it but of course, i wouldn't be surprised if he did it on his own thinking "wow she'll love me if i do this and we can finally be free!".

Psychopaths.

That's what Mickey and Mallary did in Quentin Tarantino's movie Natural Born Killers! I love it when people immitate Quentin Tarantino movies...

These were Christian home schooled children, the boy and girl met through a home schooling network. The latest consensus is that the girl went along with him of her own consent after he killed her parents.

Teen Sought in Pa. Slayings Captured
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051114/ap_on_re_us/parents_slain_abduction [Broken]

Police capture teen murder suspect
Missing girl found safe, day after her parents were killed
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/14/amber.alert.ap/ [Broken]

18-year-old wanted in Pennsylvania slayings captured in Indiana; girl unharmed
http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/051114/w111454.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be the other way around, the girlfriend's parents killing him. I'm afraid I might do that if I ever had a daughter. I'm already over protective of my little sister.

A grim father with a religious fanaticism resulting in him forbidding his kids a normal social interaction at a school, keeping their minds locked in his own tightly controlled home-schooling projects sounds me as one who might well commit incest.

That's another interpretation of the whole tragedy, and what might have led up to it.

1. What causes someone to kill their girlfriend's parents?

There are many potential factors that could contribute to someone committing such a heinous act. These may include mental illness, a history of violence or abuse, substance abuse, or feelings of jealousy or possessiveness towards the girlfriend.

2. Are there any warning signs that someone might be capable of killing their girlfriend's parents?

While there is no definitive way to predict someone's potential for violence, there may be warning signs such as a history of violent behavior, controlling or possessive behavior towards the girlfriend, or a lack of empathy for others.

3. What are the potential consequences for someone who kills their girlfriend's parents?

The consequences for such a crime can vary depending on the circumstances, but they may include imprisonment, fines, and/or the death penalty in some states. In addition, the person may also face civil lawsuits from the victim's family.

4. Can the girlfriend be held responsible for her parents' murder?

In most cases, the girlfriend would not be held legally responsible for her parents' murder unless there is evidence that she was somehow involved or had knowledge of the plan. However, she may face emotional and psychological consequences from the traumatic event.

5. How can we prevent incidents like this from happening in the future?

Preventing incidents like this involves addressing underlying issues such as mental health, access to weapons, and societal attitudes towards violence and relationships. Education and resources for identifying and addressing warning signs can also play a role in prevention.