Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Boyfriend, kills girl friends parents

1. Nov 23, 2005 #1
    what should happen to this kid and his girlfriend?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

First of all, provide a link to the story here. Secondly, this is hardly an event of political or global importance - it belongs in GD.
  4. Nov 23, 2005 #3

Gold Member

I don't believe in capital punishment, only because I know that innocent people are convicted all the time. An ex-friend of mine is doing life for getting her boyfriend and a cohort to do the same (with a hammer, no less), and they got off easier than I would have liked. (She was adopted, by the way--there's gratitude for you.)
  5. Nov 23, 2005 #4
    sorry but its been awhile sense ive been here, ill get a link
  6. Nov 23, 2005 #5

Gold Member

If this is that kid that killed the two parents and had that arsenal of like 54 weapons... if so, then does anyone know what the girls involvement was? Did the boyfriend do it by himself or was the girl in on it too?
  7. Nov 23, 2005 #6

Gold Member

courtrigrad, please provide REAL links, not children's blogs. Theres a quality of information standard in this forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if she put him up to it but of course, i wouldn't be surprised if he did it on his own thinking "wow she'll love me if i do this and we can finally be free!".

8. Nov 23, 2005 #7
    That's what Mickey and Mallary did in Quentin Tarantino's movie Natural Born Killers! I love it when people immitate Quentin Tarantino movies...
  9. Nov 24, 2005 #8

Staff: Mentor

These were Christian home schooled children, the boy and girl met through a home schooling network. The latest consensus is that the girl went along with him of her own consent after he killed her parents.
  10. Nov 24, 2005 #9

Staff: Mentor

11. Nov 25, 2005 #10
    It should be the other way around, the girlfriend's parents killing him. I'm afraid I might do that if I ever had a daughter. I'm already over protective of my little sister.
  12. Nov 30, 2005 #11

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

A grim father with a religious fanaticism resulting in him forbidding his kids a normal social interaction at a school, keeping their minds locked in his own tightly controlled home-schooling projects sounds me as one who might well commit incest.

That's another interpretation of the whole tragedy, and what might have led up to it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?