Find BPSK Modulator Chip for Project | BPSK Code

• Thread starter bearbear
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a project involving BPSK modulation and the search for a PSK modulator circuit or IC chip. The person asking for help is directed to a basic reference about PSK and a MiniCircuits page with App Notes on Mixers. They are also told about the old LM1496 chip and advised to do their own research on the National Instruments website.
bearbear
i'm doing BPSK modulator for my project. can anyone please tell me where can i find a PSK modulator circuit? or a BPSK mdulator IC chip?wat is the code for the chip.:confused:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. What is your background? What class is this a project for? What learning materials are you using to understand modulation in general, and PSK in particular? Here is a basic reference about PSK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BPSK

One fundamental circuit element that can be used for modulation is the Gilbert cell. Check out the App Notes on Mixers at this MiniCircuits.com page:

http://www.minicircuits.com/pages/app_notes.html

The old LM1496 is the basic Gilbert cell mixer chip, but you will need some circuit skills to use it. The simplest thing might just be to buy a mixer module from MiniCircuits...

help

:redface: thanks for your reply. but i can't find the circuit. can u please send me the complete circuit instead?

bearbear said:
:redface: thanks for your reply. but i can't find the circuit. can u please send me the complete circuit instead?

Nope. You need to do the legwork -- that's what a project is for. To help you learn about the subject, and to learn how to find information and use it. I'll give you a little push in the right direction, though... Go to www.national.com (the National Instruments website) and do a search on LM1496. That will give you several application notes, etc., on how the part is used for modulation. In case you have trouble getting there and doing the search, here's the hit list:

http://search.national.com/iphrase/query?query=LM1496 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a BPSK modulator chip?

A BPSK (Binary Phase Shift Keying) modulator chip is an electronic component that is used to modulate a binary signal onto a carrier wave. It is commonly used in communication systems for transmitting digital data.

2. How does a BPSK modulator chip work?

A BPSK modulator chip works by taking a binary input signal and using it to shift the phase of a carrier wave by 180 degrees. This results in two possible phase states, representing the two binary values (0 and 1). The modulated signal can then be transmitted through a communication channel.

3. What are the advantages of using a BPSK modulator chip?

One of the main advantages of using a BPSK modulator chip is its simplicity in implementation. It requires minimal hardware and can achieve high data transmission rates. BPSK modulation is also less susceptible to noise and interference compared to other modulation techniques, making it suitable for use in noisy environments.

4. How do I choose the right BPSK modulator chip for my project?

When selecting a BPSK modulator chip, it is important to consider factors such as data rate, frequency range, and power consumption. You should also ensure that the chip is compatible with your communication system and has the necessary features for your project.

5. Where can I find a BPSK modulator chip for my project?

BPSK modulator chips are readily available from electronic component suppliers or online retailers. You can also check with manufacturers of communication systems to see if they offer BPSK modulator chips as part of their product line. It is important to carefully research and compare different options to find the best chip for your project.