How Do You Calculate the Speed of a Stone in a Sling?

• Thread starter Melchior25
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, David experimented with slings before facing Goliath and found that a sling of length 0.750 m could be revolved at a rate of 10.0 rev/s. When he increased the length to 1.050 m, he could only revolve it 8.00 times per second. The equation used to calculate the speed of the stone is V_t = r x ω. At 10.0 rev/s, the speed is ... m/s and at 8.00 rev/s, it is ... m/s.
Melchior25

Homework Statement

Young David who slew Goliath experimented with slings before tackling the giant. He found that he could revolve a sling of length 0.750 m at the rate of 10.0 rev/s. If he increased the length to 1.050 m, he could revolve the sling only 8.00 times per second.

What is the speed of the stone for each rate of rotation?

a) ... m/s at 10.0 rev/s

b) ... m/s at 8.00 rev/s

The Attempt at a Solution

I can probably figure this out but I forgot my book and don't want to guess. Please could you tell me the equation that I use.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
It is most likely the relationship between angular movement and tangential.
[tex]V_t=r \cdot\omega[/tex]

Casey

Thanks, I got it.

I just took the circumference and multiplied that by the rotations/sec.

1. What is a brain cramp?

A brain cramp, also known as a mental block or brain freeze, is a temporary condition in which a person experiences a sudden inability to think clearly or perform a mental task.

2. What causes brain cramps?

Brain cramps can be caused by a variety of factors, including stress, fatigue, anxiety, distractions, and difficulty understanding or solving a problem.

3. How can I prevent brain cramps?

To prevent brain cramps, it's important to maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting enough sleep, managing stress, and staying hydrated. It can also be helpful to take breaks and practice relaxation techniques when working on mentally challenging tasks.

4. What is the "need equation" for brain cramps?

The "need equation" for brain cramps is a formula used to assess the level of need or motivation for completing a task. It takes into account factors such as the difficulty of the task, the perceived importance of completing it, and the level of support or resources available to help overcome any obstacles.

5. Can brain cramps be beneficial?

While brain cramps can be frustrating, they can also serve as a natural mechanism for the brain to take a break and recharge. In some cases, a brain cramp can even lead to a breakthrough or new perspective on a problem. However, if brain cramps are frequent and interfere with daily functioning, it may be a sign of an underlying issue that should be addressed.