Brain Teasers: Harder, Faster - Who Sees Them First?

• Thread starter bogdan
  • Start date
In summary, Greg Bernhardt suggests that people stop searching for the brain teasers on google and figure them out for themselves. He also suggests that some of the questions are too difficult to be figured out and that search engines could help members out.
bogdan
Harder...faster...
Got it ?
Something to give us headaches...
...because the way it is now...it matters only who sees them first...I guess...pls...

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe if people would stop searching for them on google and actually try to figure them out they would take a bit more time.

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Maybe if people would stop searching for them on google and actually try to figure them out they would take a bit more time.
Ture!
I think some of the questions are too difficult to be figured out and we really need search engines to help us out, like brain teaser #1, #6, #12 and #14. I thought I was one of the first members who viewed question #17, then I took out pen and paper immediately and tried to find out what's the next number. I gave up after some time, clicked the refresh button and saw the quesion has already been answered. Then I used google to search and the answer came out immediately, the numbers in the sequence are Sierpinski Numbers.

I confess that I used google to help me when answering #16.

I think brain teasers shouldn't be knowledge-based. I was thinking it would be nice if members, other than PF staffs, can volunteer and give out questions (of course they are not allowed to answer their own questions). We can send our questions to PF staffs via PM system. When admin. posts the questions from members, state clearly which question is from whom. Not only can this reduce the work load of PF staffs, but also it can cover a wider range of questions. Of course the final decision is made by PF staffs.

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt

Maybe you could search on google for them first, and if you find the answer, don't have that question, or change the wording so it's not so easily found?

that is a good idea Dave and, in theory it could work but these days you can find nearly anything on google!

C'est la vie...

1. What are brain teasers and how do they work?

Brain teasers are puzzles or riddles that require critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve. They often involve thinking outside the box and using logic and deductive reasoning to find the solution. Brain teasers can come in many forms, such as mathematical problems, word puzzles, or visual challenges.

2. Why are brain teasers considered a good exercise for the brain?

Brain teasers force our brains to think in new and creative ways, which helps to strengthen neural connections and improve cognitive function. They also require us to use both the left and right sides of our brain, stimulating different areas and improving overall brain function.

3. Are there any benefits to solving brain teasers regularly?

Yes, solving brain teasers regularly can improve memory, concentration, and problem-solving skills. It can also help to reduce stress and increase mental agility. Additionally, consistently challenging our brains with new and difficult puzzles can help prevent cognitive decline and improve overall brain health.

4. How can I improve my ability to solve brain teasers?

There are a few ways to improve your ability to solve brain teasers. One is to practice regularly and expose yourself to a variety of different types of puzzles. Another is to try to approach each puzzle with a clear and open mind, without preconceived notions or assumptions. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or look for clues if you're stuck - sometimes a fresh perspective can lead to the solution.

5. Can solving brain teasers help with other areas of life?

Yes, the critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques used to solve brain teasers can also be applied to real-life situations. Brain teasers can help improve decision-making abilities, creativity, and analytical thinking, all of which can be beneficial in various aspects of life, including work, relationships, and personal development.