Life's Puzzling Possibilities: What are We Really Doing?

• Medical
  • Thread starter su.wei
  • Start date
In summary: If you are hearing voices, you need to see a doctor. Other wise you are watching too many movies and have too active an imagination.
su.wei
Here's something I've been pondering, hopefully it will make sense:
while minding my own business, I hear a voice in my head saying "Hello, it's time to make a choice. If you click download you will enter the matrix. otherwise you will lose your chance forever."
Why is it possible that I am not actually doing or experiencing what I think I am doing and experiencing?

Biology news on Phys.org
su.wei said:
Here's something I've been pondering, hopefully it will make sense:
while minding my own business, I hear a voice in my head saying "Hello, it's time to make a choice. If you click download you will enter the matrix. otherwise you will lose your chance forever."
Why is it possible that I am not actually doing or experiencing what I think I am doing and experiencing?
If you are hearing voices, you need to see a doctor. Other wise you are watching too many movies and have too active an imagination.

That was a good movie though

if the little people let you hear them...then there job isn't being done.

Or it could be your voicebox regurgitating stuff as evo said an active imagination.

no seriously...
i guess what I am asking is...how do you hear things (in your head) without having an external sound.

if your deaf to everything around you, you must be a mathematician.

i took the blue pill and rode the wheel until it fell off, third eye crushed the matrix.

wait this is crazy talk, crazy like a fox :blushing:

time to see a doctor :wink:

Last edited:
Obviously the voice is lying to you if it keeps repeating the same thing.

Yah I hear voices in my head:
"Red Room! Red Room!":rofl:

Evo sounds right, if you really hear things see a doctor about it.

I could be wrong but i think he means that for example if you remember what someone told you yesterday and you can hear it in your mind..how do you hear it again without it being said externally?? Sorry if I am wrong about that.:uhh:

Hearing Voices

There are 3 possibilities to this voice of yours:
1. You made it up to get attention.
2. You need to see a doctor. Now.
3. You have a very...interesting...imagination.

While you're waiting for an appointment with the doctor, click "dowload", and start bending spoons, dodging bullets, and doing kung fu.

su.wei said:
no seriously...
i guess what I am asking is...how do you hear things (in your head) without having an external sound.
I suspect you're thinking that the voice is "coming from somewhere" and that you are "hearing" it in your head.

In fact, it is simply memory recall. It's no different than recalling an image of a shiny red apple.

In the case of dellusions the voices sound real rather than the poor quality we might experience when we can't get a song out of our head.

1. What is the purpose of life?

The purpose of life is a philosophical and subjective question that has been debated by many for centuries. Some believe that the purpose of life is to seek happiness and fulfillment, while others believe it is to fulfill a certain destiny or follow a specific religious path. Ultimately, the purpose of life may vary for each individual.

2. Is there life on other planets?

This is a highly debated and researched topic in the scientific community. While there is no definitive answer, many scientists believe that it is highly likely that there is life on other planets, given the vastness of the universe and the discovery of habitable conditions on certain planets and moons.

3. Are we alone in the universe?

Similar to the question about life on other planets, the answer to this question is uncertain. Some scientists believe that the vastness of the universe makes it highly unlikely that we are the only intelligent life forms, while others argue that the conditions for life to exist are highly specific and rare.

4. Can we ever fully understand the mysteries of life?

The complexities of life and the universe make it unlikely that we will ever have a complete understanding of all its mysteries. However, through scientific research and advancements, we can continue to gain a deeper understanding of the world around us and our place in it.

5. What is the role of science in understanding life's possibilities?

Science plays a crucial role in exploring and understanding life's possibilities. Through observation, experimentation, and data analysis, scientists are able to uncover new insights and theories about the mysteries of life. Science also helps us to make advancements in technology and medicine, which can greatly impact our understanding of life and its possibilities.