Brazil vs Australia: Score as Expected, Ronaldo Scores 2 Assists

In summary, the conversation is about a recent football match in which Ronaldo played. The speaker expected the score to be similar to what it was, but missed watching the match. Ronaldo started the match and had two assists, but was later substituted and Brazil looked better without him. The conversation then turns to criticizing Ronaldo's performance and suggesting that someone else, such as Fred, should have a starting position instead. The conversation ends with a joke about how anyone is better than Ronaldo at the moment.
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This went roughly along the lines I'd expected - at least the score did; I missed the match itself.

They started Ronaldo again? Did he lose 20 pounds in the last 3 days? Says that he had both assists - wow!

Physics news on Phys.org
Ronaldo was still awful. He teed up adriano for the first one, but was substituted by the time the second one was scored, by fred, set up by robinhio.

Brazil looked a different team with Ronaldo on the bench where he deserves to be sat for the remainder... :)

This game should have ended in a draw. I felt Brazil struggled to control the game well enough to deserve two goals. I suppose the naivity of Australia prevented them from making the opportunities they had come to reality.

Was it the Brazilian team that played yesterday? They played rather sloppily and most of their passes were pretty lousy. Ronaldo looked like a tortoise played football...so slow. :mad:

Can he really be only 29?

He's been around so long, I thought he was older.

Fred should get a starting slot. He's averaging 30 goals a game (based on goals per minute).

Last edited:
Fred should get a starting slot. He's averaging 30 goals a game (based on goals per minute).
Funny...(regardless anyone is better than Ronaldo, including me, at this moment)

1. How did Brazil and Australia score as expected in the match?

Both Brazil and Australia had strong teams and were expected to score goals in the match. They both executed their game plans effectively and were able to score goals as expected.

2. What role did Ronaldo play in the match?

Ronaldo, one of the star players for Brazil, had a significant impact on the match. He scored two goals and also provided two assists, contributing to Brazil's victory.

3. Were there any surprises in the match?

There were no major surprises in the match as both teams performed as expected. However, there may have been smaller unexpected moments or plays that occurred during the game.

4. Did the match have any significant impact on the teams' rankings?

The match may have had an impact on the teams' rankings, depending on the specific ranking system being used. However, it is ultimately up to the governing bodies of the sport to determine the impact on rankings.

5. What can we learn from this match about the performance of Brazil and Australia in international competitions?

This match may indicate that both Brazil and Australia are strong and capable teams in international competitions. However, it is important to remember that every match is unique and future performances cannot be predicted based on one game.