1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Breaking the barrier

1. Mar 1, 2006 #1
    How do you break the barrier from getting good grades to truly pursuing mathematics/science as a lifelong thing?

i do what i like to call "good enough to get an A" but i want to step it up and reach that next level, where it's more research oriented.

any thoughts?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2006 #2

Staff: Mentor

What areas of product development or research really turn you on? If you find an area that is exciting for you, you will be able to turn your mental and study skills into real contributions. And those contributions will feed your excitement and love for the work.
  4. Mar 1, 2006 #3

Gold Member

Connect with your instructor(s) and ask "what else can I do?" If your teacher is a really talented, inspired person and not a functionary you might luck out. If they are a tenured hack, you're screwed.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?