Breaking Space: Can Tiny Loops Reach Their Breaking Point?

• Thread starter meteor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, space is made of tiny one-dimensional loops, and these loops are constantly breaking and reforming. Matter is a spherical pattern in the ether that forms around holes in the ether.
meteor
Well, being myself a LQG fan I believe that space is made of something, in this case one-dimensional tiny loops, of the size of Planck's lenght. Space is expanding, and i suppose that the stress of the loops must be increasing with time. I wonder: Can arrive a moment that all these loops break (therefore space too)?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
You mean space is spaghetti?

And matter is the sauce to it?

You have to keep in mind that these loops are not made of anything. They aren't substances or mater, and so every day concepts of a thing stretching and snapping apart do not really apply.

Most of all,I agree with you. I think you must understand that the space is nothing to us,but it is something for another way.

In my opinion,the mater and the space is the same thing,but just have a little difference.

Originally posted by heusdens
You mean space is spaghetti?

And matter is the sauce to it?

Damn. Now I'm kinda hungry.

Space and matter are the same thing.
Empty space is full of that old substance called ether, and matter is patterns that form around holes in the ether.
Holes cannot disappear, because if you fill them with ether you create more holes. The ether bends around the hole forming a fractal pattern, and this is what matter is; it's a spherical pattern in the ether. When it moves the ether wobbles back and forth (quantum waves).
I call matter "particles of nothingness" and the ether is wisp space, which is full of wisps (weightless one-state particles).
Visit http://www.kevin.harkess.btinternet.co.uk for full details on matter-fractals and wisp space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this topic will stay focused on LQG...not silly ether theories.

I've found this quote:
"Any attempt to divide a loop would, if successful cause it to divide into two loops each with the original size"
How can this be possible? It seems to me a magic trick. Any explanation?

This is universe

This is universe, it is formed don't to letter our, but it is nature.
the measurement is in our model , after the measure the information is absolute, it is far away the nature truth, the right marked way is far still.

Originally posted by meteor
Well, being myself a LQG fan I believe that space is made of something, in this case one-dimensional tiny loops, of the size of Planck's lenght. Space is expanding, and i suppose that the stress of the loops must be increasing with time. I wonder: Can arrive a moment that all these loops break (therefore space too)?

you may wish to consult a paper by Alejandro Corichi (Instituto de Ciencias Nucleares/ Univ. Nacional de Mex) about this.

He has co-authored with Ashetekar and has published several papers in LQG. He has a recent (Jan 2003) paper in which he
considers that loops may constantly be breaking and reforming

when the loop breaks there is a virtual particle-antiparticle pair at the two free ends

when the two ends rejoin the virtual pair goes out of existence

this paper by Corichi is very short---about 2 pages---and
speculative in character

http://arxiv.org/gr-qc/0212126

In my opinion the thinking is brilliant and the wording is very cautious (as should be with very speculative thinking).
If I had the courage I would write corichi and ask if he
has developed this idea further or has references to other papers

corichi@nuclecu.unam.mx

the picture is that one does not have to apply force to break the loops, they are breaking and reforming all the time! perhaps a little bit the way the cross-section of a foam of bubble is constantly rearranging itself topologically as you move the plane of the section

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus, if I am not mistaken, the phenomenology of this (pair production and recombination) agrees with thinking about the quantum vacuum, those processes are supposed to be constantly goiing on, but with times too short to register as observable under the uncertainty principle.

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
Marcus, if I am not mistaken, the phenomenology of this (pair production and recombination) agrees with thinking about the quantum vacuum, those processes are supposed to be constantly goiing on, but with times too short to register as observable under the uncertainty principle.

I believe you are right. It is another interesting open problem:
calculate a realistic figure for the vacuum energy. LQG may contribute to understanding why the vacuum energy and/or cosmological constant are what they are.

Corichi does not have much about this in his short paper, but
I've seen some other references to the vacuum energy/cosmological constant question. There might turn out to be a result in that direction. Your guess at least as good as mine.

1. What is the purpose of the study on "Breaking Space: Can Tiny Loops Reach Their Breaking Point?"

The purpose of this study is to explore the potential of tiny loops, also known as filaments, to reach their breaking point in space. This can provide valuable insights into the behavior of materials under extreme conditions and has important implications for space exploration and engineering.

2. How are the tiny loops being tested for their breaking point?

The tiny loops are being tested using specialized equipment and techniques such as tensile testing, which applies force to the material until it breaks. The tests are conducted in a controlled environment to accurately measure the breaking point of the loops.

3. What are the potential applications of this research?

The findings of this research can have various applications in space technology and engineering. This includes developing stronger and more resilient materials for spacecraft and satellites, as well as understanding the behavior of materials in extreme environments like outer space.

4. How do tiny loops behave differently in space compared to on Earth?

In space, tiny loops experience different levels of stress, strain, and temperature than on Earth due to the absence of gravity and other environmental factors. This can lead to different behaviors and properties, making it important to study their breaking point in a space-like environment.

5. What are the potential challenges in conducting this research?

Some potential challenges include creating a space-like environment in a laboratory setting, accurately measuring and controlling the forces applied to the tiny loops, and ensuring the results are applicable to real-world scenarios. Additionally, working with such small and delicate materials can also pose challenges in handling and testing them.