What is the estimated salary of physicist Brian Greene?

• Thread starter MindOfGod
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Salary
In summary, a newcomer to the forum asked about the salary of physicist Brian Greene, but was informed that such information is not publicly available. There was also discussion about the relevance of the question and the importance of focusing on statistics rather than individual cases. It was mentioned that most people do not pursue physics for monetary gain and it was speculated that the individual asking the question may have been inspired by reading books from famous physicists.
MindOfGod
So anyway, new to this forum, thought i might get started by asking if anyone knows what brian greene's rough salary is at a rough estimate.

Physics news on Phys.org
Such info is NEVER made public for private individuals, be it Brian Greene or anyone else. Besides, I don't see the relevance to anything that can possibly be of any benefit.

Zz.

lol, questions like these are the spam of almost every forum in existence.
I garuntee you i can pull up almost any link of google and find a quote of his income more exposed to the world then this sight in seconds.
And if your question is about relevance. We are on a physics forum and since I am about to begin an intership similar to his title, a question of the salary of one of the most commonly known physics professors in the country might have some kind of importance to me,and possibly the other people interested in "PHYSICS" on the site, but any way, my fault.
*smirk*

MindOfGod said:
I garuntee you i can pull up almost any link of google and find a quote of his income more exposed to the world then this sight in seconds.
And if your question is about relevance. We are on a physics forum and since I am about to begin an intership similar to his title, a question of the salary of one of the most commonly known physics professors in the country might have some kind of importance to me,and possibly the other people interested in "PHYSICS" on the site, but any way, my fault.
*smirk*
You certainly can't expect to base your income on someone like Brian Greene.

Are you familiar with search engines? You could have invested about 30 seconds typing "physicist's salaries" and finding many links like this one.

http://www-physics.ucsd.edu/students/prospective/gr/program/salaries.shtml#startingadvanced1999

Also, can the attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm...i was about to apologize for the "Attitude"
"can" spices it up quite a bit to..lol
quite frankly i didnt come in here with an attitude but rather a question.
An irretable reply was problem. so being a natural human a irretable response is the effect.
It was early so i kind of lost my patience.
search engines...wow got to find out how to get on one of those.
no actually i was but i thought i would start up a conversation here

Well, you can start fresh. Zz was correct that asking about an individual's income is not appropriate here. Sorry for my response to your reply, but you seemed to be a bit snippy.

It should also be noted that theoretical physics is not as comfortable of a career route as experimental physics is. By that I mean there is less scope for jobs, and more competition for the fewer jobs. This has been discussed here many times, but it's something worth thinking about-- as well as looking for data on wages of physicists, try and look for something on competition for professorships, or number of theoretical professorships available each year (or something like that).

Also, as Evo pointed out earlier, there's not much use in looking for a particular well-known physicist's wage since his wage is probably very different to the average, run of the mill physicist.

MindOfGod said:
*smirk*

http://www.geocities.com/fidelio1st/film/anrbrando.jpg

Are you a sock puppet?

^

Hee hee hee hee heeeeee! I'm Dying!

My favorite was coined by a member here "troll sock". The term is MINE now.

MindOfGod said:
*smirk*

But that makes it even more puzzling.

1. If all you want to know is the statistics about income as a physicist, then ASK that! What's with the Brian Greee stuff? In the A&CG forum, I've even just put out a link to the AIP website with all the statistics galore relevant to such a question.

2. Even if you know what Brian Green makes, it has no bearing whatsoever on what the typical physics would make. Brian Greene (and the rest of the well-known group of physicists and Nobel Laureates) are the exception, rather than the rule. To use him or any of them as the basis to draw the conclusion on physics job is to skewer reality.

3. If it was that easy to find what Brian Greene makes, then why did you ask this question here in the first place?

Zz.

Most people don't go into physics for money and those that do have a nasty surprise and rarely survive.

He read a book from Brian Greene. Now dreams of doing his own theory yet knows very little physics so who wants to know how much he makes before wasting time learning it.

Probably reading another book by Stephen Hawking so he can continue to "work" on his theory.

Boring.

One thing is most likely certain:
If you DO go into physics, the overwhelming odds is for you never, ever getting an income approaching Brian Greene's.

You might try figuring out why..

What is Brian Greene's rough salary?

Brian Greene is a theoretical physicist and string theorist. His exact salary is not publicly available, but it is estimated to be in the range of $100,000 to $200,000 per year.

How does Brian Greene's salary compare to other scientists?

Brian Greene's salary is higher than the average salary for physicists, which is around $90,000 per year. However, it is lower than the salaries of some other high-profile scientists such as Neil deGrasse Tyson and Stephen Hawking.

What factors influence Brian Greene's salary?

Brian Greene's salary is influenced by several factors, including his level of education, years of experience, and the institution or organization he works for. His salary may also be impacted by his research success and public visibility.

Does Brian Greene receive any additional income besides his salary?

As a well-known scientist, Brian Greene may receive additional income from speaking engagements, book sales, and media appearances. However, these additional sources of income are not publicly disclosed.

Will Brian Greene's salary increase in the future?

It is likely that Brian Greene's salary will increase in the future as he continues to advance in his career and make significant contributions to the field of physics. However, the exact amount of any future salary increases is not known.