Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Browse Unanswered Threads

1. Aug 15, 2013 #1
    Everyone deserves a reply and now you can more easily find those threads in need of reply. We have had the global "unanswered threads" link in "Get Posts" drop down menu for a long time. Now we have it at a specific forum level. At each forum level there is now a "Browse Unanswered Threads" link in the "Search this Forum" drop down. It will find all the threads with no replies for just that forum. Enjoy!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2013 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's 20 pages of them. I'll be up for days just seeing if I can reply.
    smiley27.jpg

Seriously, it's a nice feature. Hopefully this page count will decrease now. :thumbs:

4. Aug 16, 2013 #3
    Could it be possible to have some sort of "My PF" near your nickname (top right corner).

We can check if anyone posted on a thread we're subscribed to by clicking on "My PF". However, that's not really fast. I think it would be cool to have an icon (or something like that) that let's know that we got a reply.

5. Aug 16, 2013 #4
    I hope so too! I know I"ll use it often :)

You could leave your email client open and then you'll get an notice you have a reply :)

6. Aug 16, 2013 #5

Yes. One could also open every single subscribed thread and keep on pressing refresh.

I thought it would be a good addition to PF, but oh well.

7. Aug 16, 2013 #6

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

You can open the user control panel ("my PF") in a new tab and refresh that. No need to refresh all threads separately.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook