Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Browser won't give me the newest page.

1. Jun 2, 2010 #1
    OK. So the title wasn't the best... Example: I am running IE8. Say I have a window open on the Yahoo main page. Then I navigate away from it for 10, 20, 50 minutes or several hours. If after that I type Yahoo.com in the adress bar, I will get the page 'unrefreshed' as I last visited it.

This example is the easiest to explain but the issue is making my entire browsing experience much more labourious than it seems it should be.* Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks. :smile:

* I understand that this is a fairly trivial matter and admit completely that I screwed around with the settings on this computer and this could very well be a problem of my own doing.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2010 #2
    Hmm. Go to your IE 8 Internet Optoins > General Settings > Browser History > and check the "Every time I visit a webpage" near the top of the menu. This will update the page in your cache every time you re-visit the page. Your load times may be a little longer though. You can read through these options and see which one works best for you.

4. Jun 3, 2010 #3
    I was right there and didn't even see it. Thanks Pattonias! This seems to have helped.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook