1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BS CS or BS Physics?

1. Feb 9, 2015 #1
    Hi guys!

Im quite confuse on what major i would like to proceed. I take BS - Computer Science @ 1st year - 1st semester. But I stop for awhile and now, I want to go back to school again. I love Science and Im starting to Love physics especially Quantum Mechanics. I love the Idea of it. But then I also love Computers. Can you help me which major is better to proceed with? in terms of opportunity.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Have you looked at Quantum Computers? Its an emerging field which may require a new kind of programming paradigm.

It would be worth investigating and using it to decide which major is best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computing

4. Feb 9, 2015 #3

Uhm actually, i just heared bout it just now.
    And actually it's quite interesting. But the problem is if that major is available here in our country.

5. Feb 9, 2015 #4

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

To the OP:

I see from your profile that you are from the Philippines. Is there not an option to pursue a double major in Computer Science and Physics in universities in the Philippines?

6. Feb 9, 2015 #5
    Well Actually you have an option to pursue a double major in here. But I'm just thinking to focus on one major for this time.

7. Feb 9, 2015 #6
    A large part of physics is using computers for data analysis and modeling, so if you pursued the physics major it's not like you would not be using computers.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook