Bs in Physic, Going for MBA, Teaching English

In summary, as a physics graduate currently teaching English, you are considering pursuing a Master's degree but are unsure of which field to choose. You enjoy teaching and may want to continue in this field, but you also have an interest in engineering. You are seeking advice on which Master's program would be the best fit for you, including the option of online studies. Ultimately, it is important to consider your interests and career goals when making this decision.
bingqiling
Dear All

I need advise. I am really confused on my future. I graduated with Bachelor in Physics. Currently, I am teaching English. And my school requires TESOL. As such, I have to take a part time course.

I am planning to get a Master. But not in pure physics like my degree does. Hence, I am really confused. I like teaching. Most probably, i will be teaching for the rest of my life. And I am aware that degree itself is not sufficient.

If i go for MBA, isn't a way too different from my degree? My school promised to arrange an Engineering subject for me to teach. Master in Engineering Management come into my mind. However, I am not sure which school offer a good Master program me. Or should I do the online studies?

Thank you in advance for your valuable advise.

Regards,

Physics news on Phys.org

As a fellow scientist, I understand your confusion and uncertainty about your future. It can be challenging to determine the best path for your career, especially when you have a degree in one field but are currently working in a different field. However, I believe that there are several options you can consider to help you make a decision.

Firstly, I would recommend exploring different Master's programs that combine your interests in teaching and science. For instance, you can consider a Master's in Science Education, which would provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel as a science teacher. This degree would also be beneficial if you decide to pursue a career in education administration or curriculum development.

Alternatively, if you are interested in pursuing a Master's in Engineering Management, I would suggest researching different universities and their programs to find one that aligns with your goals and interests. It may also be helpful to speak with professionals in the field to gain insight into their experiences and the potential career opportunities available.

In terms of online studies, it can be a convenient option for working professionals, but it is essential to ensure that the program is accredited and reputable. Additionally, some universities offer hybrid programs that combine online courses with in-person classes, which may be a good option for hands-on learning in a field like engineering.

Ultimately, the decision should be based on your personal interests and career goals. Take the time to research and explore different options, and don't be afraid to reach out to professionals or academic advisors for guidance. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

1. What are the career options for someone with a degree in Physics and an MBA?

Having a degree in Physics and an MBA opens up a wide range of career options. You can work as a data analyst, financial consultant, project manager, or business development manager in industries such as technology, healthcare, finance, and energy. With your combined knowledge of both fields, you can also consider careers in science and technology policy, patent law, or venture capital.

2. How can teaching English relate to a background in Physics and an MBA?

Teaching English can be seen as a way to share your knowledge and expertise with others. With your background in Physics and an MBA, you can approach teaching English in a unique way by incorporating real-world examples and practical applications of language in business and science. Additionally, teaching English can provide an opportunity to work and live in different countries, which can be beneficial for networking and gaining international business experience.

3. Is it common for someone to pursue an MBA after studying Physics?

It is not uncommon for someone with a background in Physics to pursue an MBA. In fact, many universities offer joint programs where students can earn both degrees simultaneously. The combination of technical skills from studying Physics and business knowledge from an MBA can make individuals highly sought after in various industries.

4. Can a degree in Physics and an MBA lead to a career in research and development?

Yes, a degree in Physics and an MBA can definitely lead to a career in research and development. With your technical expertise in Physics and business acumen from an MBA, you can work in R&D departments of companies, where you can use your skills to innovate and bring new products to market. You can also pursue a career in academic research, where you can conduct studies and publish findings that have real-world applications.

5. How can someone with a background in Physics and an MBA stand out in the job market?

Someone with a degree in Physics and an MBA can stand out in the job market by showcasing their unique combination of technical and business skills. They can also highlight their ability to think critically, solve complex problems, and communicate effectively. Additionally, gaining experience through internships, research projects, and leadership roles can make a candidate more competitive in the job market.