1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bs in psychiatry please help me

1. Jun 19, 2009 #1
    hi every body i am len hao from china and i am looking for school which offering bachelor degree

of spychiatry in any country please help me it is the dream of my life to be psychiatrist

and in case if you can't help me please give me any agent nomber or e- mail to solve my

problem because some schools they don't accept foreigners to study this major

my respect waiting for your help .....

thanke you very much brothers sisters

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2009 #2

eri

I don't know how it works in China, but in the US, you cannot get a bachelors degree in psychiatry - you need to get a medical degree to become a psychiatrist. Your undergraduate degree doesn't matter as long as you took the premed classes. Were you perhaps thinking of psychology? That's a very common major, offered at most colleges and universities.

4. Jun 19, 2009 #3

chiro

Science Advisor

What was said by the poster above also applies in australia. A psychiatrist is a specialization of medicine and thus you need a 4-6 year program in medicine. You then need to do medical registration and then you specialize in some field which takes a further 4-6 years.

If you're interested in psychology a typical program takes about 6 years while in the process you have to maintain very high marks to go to the next stage.

Medicine programs do accept foreigners in australia, but its very very competitive and it will cost you a lot of money (at least thats how it is in australia). There are some spots reserved for international students. Only a few thousand candidates (possibly even lower) get a spot to do medicine so overall don't be surprised if you miss out the first time.

5. Jul 2, 2009 #4
    is that mean the education is complicated in australia or the addmission

is the complicated point in australia and what is the best school for medicin in australia

and if any body know about the education plan please tell me

thanke you every body for your reply

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook