Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Budget PCB router

1. Feb 9, 2010 #1
    Do any of you guys have a PCB router? Do you know of one for less than $1,000?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Do you mean a router to cut PCBs out of a multi-up panel? Or do you mean a PCB milling machine like the LPKF machines to let you mill a 2-sided PCB from copper clad?

http://www.lpkfusa.com/protomat/index.htm

If the latter, I know of a consultant who has an LPKF milling machine here in Silicon Valley. I can give you his contact info if you want it.

4. Feb 9, 2010 #3
    I'm currently looking into this myself. I'm starting to lean towards a zenbot router with a wolfgang engineering spindle. Comments I have read on forums around the web seem to be favourable to these products. I think you could expect to pay around $1500 for the lot however, which is still a good price.

5. Feb 10, 2010 #4
    This looks like a good option. Has anyone used a zenbot to engrave PCBs? Can it get the traces pretty narrow?

6. Feb 10, 2010 #5
    Apparently the wolfgang spindle is excelent for PCBs with narrow traces, there are some videos on youtude demonstrating. Can't say about the zenbot however.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook