Buffalo Chicken: A Decadent Roast Dinner or a Moonbear Experiment?

• Thread starter brewnog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Experiment
In summary: Moonbear ever comes up with a duck/chicken/goose mix, I'm all for trying it!In summary, Gale's just told me that in the US you can get a food called Buffalo Chicken. It's spicy chicken and so good that me love! I like tenders better than buffalo wings though. No bones for me.
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gale's just told me that in the US you can get a food called Buffalo Chicken.

Now, to me, that sounds too good to be true. Mixing two nice meats together to create an uber-tasty roast dinner? Or perhaps it's not mixing, it's some kind of horrendous crossbreed between a chicken and a buffalo? One of Moonbear's legendary experiments, perhaps?

Anyway, I had an idea.
You know that decadent roast dinner where you get a boned duck, and stuff it inside a boned chicken, which you then stuff inside a boned goose, which you then stuff inside a boned turkey...

Well, I wondered why you can't do this with red meat. Get a boned lamb, stuff it inside a boned pig, stuff it inside a boned cow, stuff it inside a boned horse... Joy!

Any thoughts?

Physics news on Phys.org
And Danger, your comments and innuendoes on the word "boned" are not welcome here. :smile:

i LOVE buffalo chicken! mmmmmmmmmmmm!

basically its spicy chicken, and its soooo good. me love! i like tenders better than buffalo wings though. no bones for me.

brewnog said:
And Danger, your comments and innuendoes on the word "boned" are not welcome here. :smile:
Crap! I hate pre-emptive strikes. :grumpy:
:biggrin:

Danger said:

To be honest, I thought I was giving you plenty to play with, in the form of "horse", "red meat", "stuff", "roast" and "Moonbear"!

:smile:

Generally the full expression is "Buffalo Chicken Wings"

The Buffalo comes from the Geographic origin of the dish, Buffalo New York. It consists of spicy chicken wings and perhaps a Blue Cheese dip.

brewnog said:
To be honest, I thought I was giving you plenty to play with, in the form of "horse", "red meat", "stuff", "roast" and "Moonbear"!
Yeah, you did. As much as I hate to admit it, I was eager to get back to your injector question in the other thread so I didn't bother trying to think something up. :redface:

Integral said:
Generally the full expression is "Buffalo Chicken Wings"

The Buffalo comes from the Geographic origin of the dish, Buffalo New York. It consists of spicy chicken wings and perhaps a Blue Cheese dip.

Awww, not buffalo meat then?

And I was getting excited that your buffalo had wings, thus confirming my suspicions of Moonbear's chicken/buffalo genetic experiments!

A place called Chicken that sells buffalo.

brewnog said:
Anyway, I had an idea.
You know that decadent roast dinner where you get a boned duck, and stuff it inside a boned chicken, which you then stuff inside a boned goose, which you then stuff inside a boned turkey...
There's supposed to be a layer of goose too? Over on this side of the puddle, it's called Turducken, and as the name implies, it only has turkey, duck and chicken.

Well, I wondered why you can't do this with red meat. Get a boned lamb, stuff it inside a boned pig, stuff it inside a boned cow, stuff it inside a boned horse... Joy!
:rofl: That'd be a mighty big roast! Does it count to stuff pork chops with sausage?

Buffalo naitives affirm that Troy, NY is close enough to Buffalo to boast authentic Buffalo wings, so eat yer hearts out. :cool:

And they are awesome. When I moved here from Chicago in 1992 I mourned the loss of The Greatest Pizza on the Planet. Then I found "the regional food" here, and I have been loving it ever since. Basically you take frozen chicken wings and fry them until they're crispy. Then you dump them in a bowl with Frank's hot sauce, some melted butter, and hot pepper to taste.

Yum! :smile:

Danger said:
Don't give up too soon! :grumpy:

There are places that have buffalo chicken sandwiches...not the same thing though.

Tom Mattson said:
Buffalo naitives affirm that Troy, NY is close enough to Buffalo to boast authentic Buffalo wings, so eat yer hearts out. :cool:

And they are awesome. When I moved here from Chicago in 1992 I mourned the loss of The Greatest Pizza on the Planet. Then I found "the regional food" here, and I have been loving it ever since. Basically you take frozen chicken wings and fry them until they're crispy. Then you dump them in a bowl with Frank's hot sauce, some melted butter, and hot pepper to taste.

Yum! :smile:

You need the hot sauce to keep you warm during those awful winters up there!

But I'm still miffed that our Turducken cheats us out of a layer of goose! :tongue:

Moonbear said:
You need the hot sauce to keep you warm during those awful winters up there!

But I'm still miffed that our Turducken cheats us out of a layer of goose! :tongue:

I'm not entirely sure about the goose, but we definitely don't call it Turducken. It's got a much nicer name. But when I've seen it, it's had at least 4 different birds in it.

Perhaps I'll be the first to do it with large animals...

brewnog said:
I'm not entirely sure about the goose, but we definitely don't call it Turducken. It's got a much nicer name. But when I've seen it, it's had at least 4 different birds in it.
Here it's something primarily cooked in the south. It might be prepared differently than what you get there, but folks in the south are good at giving odd names to things anyway. When I move to WV, one of the guys I know who works there makes it for the holidays, so I'll have to worm my way into an invite to try it. :biggrin:

Perhaps I'll be the first to do it with large animals...
Hope you have a big roasting pan. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Hope you have a big roasting pan. :rofl:

How about a monstrous fire in the garden, with some form of spit roast going on?

Danger, don't you dare...

1. What is buffalo chicken?

Buffalo chicken is a dish made with chicken that has been coated in a spicy buffalo sauce, typically made with hot sauce, vinegar, and butter. It is often served with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.

2. Where did buffalo chicken originate from?

Buffalo chicken originated in Buffalo, New York in the 1960s. It is said to have been created by Teressa Bellissimo at the Anchor Bar, who coated leftover chicken wings in hot sauce and served them to her son and his friends.

3. Is buffalo chicken healthy?

Buffalo chicken can be considered a healthier option compared to other fried or breaded chicken dishes, as it is often grilled or baked. However, the buffalo sauce itself can be high in calories and sodium, so it is important to consume in moderation.

4. What is a moonbear experiment?

A moonbear experiment refers to a study conducted by scientists at the University of California, San Francisco in which they fed captive moonbears a diet of buffalo chicken in order to observe the impact of a high-fat, high-sugar diet on the bears' health and behavior.

5. What do scientists hope to learn from the moonbear experiment?

The moonbear experiment aims to provide insights into the effects of a Western-style diet on the health and behavior of animals, as well as potential correlations to human health. It also highlights the importance of nutrition and the potential impacts of a diet high in fat and sugar on overall well-being.

Back