1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Buffer problem or not?

1. Oct 9, 2007 #1
    Buffer problem or not??

I have this problem and I worked it out completely, got my answers, and breathed a sigh of relief. Then, when I was looking through my notes and the book I noticed that the problem may have to be done completely differently because it might be a buffer problem. Can someone please tell me if it is a buffer problem?

A weak acid HA (pKa=5.00) was titrated with 1.00M KOH. The acid solution had a volume of 100 mL and a molarity 0.100M. Find the pH at the following volumes of base added and make a graph of pH versus Vb: 0, 1, 5, 9, 9.9, 10, 10.1, and 12 mL.

I did the whole problem assuming it was a simple pH problem. Do I need to treat it as a buffer since it is a titration of a weak acid with a strong base?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?