Firefox Users: Can You Hear the Music On This Page?

In summary, the conversation was about whether or not Firefox users could hear the music on a non-English page. The original poster had tested it on other browsers and it worked fine, but not on Firefox even after disabling extensions. They asked if it was a bug or if Firefox was preventing the music from playing and if anyone knew how to fix it. Another user mentioned that an account was not needed to play the music and that it was not a bug with Firefox, but rather a problem with the poorly written site. The conversation ended with a thank you and a smile emoji.
VietDao29
Homework Helper
Can any Firefox users here the music on this page (It's not an English page, though)? (You just have to open the page, and don't have to click on anything).
Uhmm, so far I've tested this in Opera, and Internet Explorer, and both work fine... But somehow it does not seem to work in Firefox. I also tried to disable all extensions but the problem still persisted, so I guess it's not caused by extensions.
So is that a bug or Firefox is preventing the page from playing the music? :confused: How can I fix it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Computer science news on Phys.org
Do we need an account to play something ? I get the Windows Media bar at the top of the page.

It isn't a bug with firefox. The site is poorly written.

hypermorphism said:
Do we need an account to play something ? I get the Windows Media bar at the top of the page.
Nope, you just have to open the page...
dduardo said:
It isn't a bug with firefox. The site is poorly written.
Thanks, :smile:

1. Can Firefox users hear the music on this page?

Yes, Firefox users can hear the music on this page. Firefox is compatible with most audio formats and should be able to play any music on a webpage.

2. Why can't I hear the music on this page using Firefox?

There could be several reasons why you can't hear the music on this page using Firefox. First, check your sound and volume settings to make sure they are not muted or turned down. Also, make sure your speakers or headphones are properly connected. If the issue persists, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and restarting your browser.

3. Do I need a specific plugin or extension to hear the music on this page with Firefox?

No, you do not need a specific plugin or extension to hear the music on this page with Firefox. However, if the music is in a format that Firefox does not support, you may need to install a plugin or use a different browser.

4. I can't hear the music on this page on my mobile device using Firefox. Why?

Some mobile devices may not have the necessary software or hardware to play certain types of audio. Additionally, if you have a limited data plan, the music may not play to conserve data usage. You may also want to check your device's settings to make sure sound is enabled for your browser.

5. Will the music on this page automatically play when I open it in Firefox?

It depends on the website and how it is programmed. Some websites may have the music set to automatically play, while others may require you to manually press the play button. You can also check your browser's settings to see if there is an option to automatically play audio on websites.