Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug you again

1. Dec 22, 2005 #1
    I asked why a bomb going off on one side of a mountain would seemingly affect gravity for people on the other side of the mountain about a year ago.
    Experienced in Nam with valley floors about 2 miles apart. That's alot of rock and soil seperating those who experienced this from the explosion. Since that time I have learned that Nazi"s used a gravity weapon that produced a powerful sound and shock wave during World War 2. I'm asking again because I don't think you took me seriously the first time. No kidding, things would float on tables after a large explosion long before we would hear the blast. What exactly was affecting gravity?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Gravity was not being affected. High amplitude sonic oscillations propelled objects off the ground or other support structures. Sound travels much more quickly through some solids than it does through air.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?