Unsatisfied with Borland C++: Needing Assistance

• Thread starter SeaBorne
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assistance
In summary, the speaker is starting college in September and has purchased Borland's C++ builder. After installing, they noticed that it lacked graphics and doesn't seem to have a form for drawing. They have compared it to a friend's and realized they may have purchased the wrong tool, as their friend is using Visual Basic. They are seeking help from a C++ forum.
SeaBorne
I will start studying in my colege from this September on, first year! i bought builder C++ borland. after installing, i find it nopt the same as my friend's, i went look at hers yesterday. No grpahic included in my borlnad C++, i think there must be form in a project for drawing and then after i double click on the form i can code for the form, mine is only blank and only for codeing thins like a notepad. its a waste of monye i did make! :cry:
Hepl me ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't personally have experience with Borland's compiler or Integrated Development Environment, but are you sure your friend isn't using Visual Basic instead of a C++ development tool? From your description, it sound like that might be the case.

If so, the reason your program is different from your friend's is because C++ and Visual Basic are two almost totally unrelated languages.

1. What are common issues with using Borland C++?

Some common issues with using Borland C++ include compatibility problems with newer operating systems, limited support and updates from the company, and a steeper learning curve compared to other programming languages.

2. How can I improve my experience with Borland C++?

One way to improve your experience with Borland C++ is to join online forums or communities where you can ask for help and advice from experienced users. Additionally, keeping up-to-date with software updates and patches can also improve your experience.

3. Are there any alternatives to using Borland C++?

Yes, there are many alternatives to using Borland C++, such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, and Code::Blocks. These alternatives may have different features and benefits that may better suit your needs.

4. How can I find assistance with specific problems in Borland C++?

The best way to find assistance with specific problems in Borland C++ is to search online for tutorials, forums, or communities that discuss similar issues. You can also reach out to the official support team for Borland C++, although support may be limited.

5. Is it worth learning and using Borland C++?

This ultimately depends on your personal preferences and project requirements. While Borland C++ may have its challenges, it is still a widely used programming language in certain industries and can be a valuable skill to have in your repertoire. It's important to weigh the pros and cons and consider your specific needs before deciding if it's worth learning and using.