Building a Model Rocket: Recommended Burn Temperature for G2 Engines

In summary, the conversation is about building a model rocket and the group is seeking advice on the ideal burn temperature for a G2 engine. They suggest contacting the manufacturer for more information and also mention using ethanol with a gallon of fuel for a 3" diameter rocket. The estimated height for a single stage rocket is 17,000 feet.
Rocketman
Hey guys,
I am new here. A firend and I have decided to build our own rocket. adn we were wondering if any of you knew what the brun temp. in celcius was for a model rocket engin. We are looking at the G2's. any help would be great here. thanks a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org
A quick google search isn't giving any results.

Your best bet would probably be to contact the manufacturer. You'll be asking what the 'flame temperature' or 'adiabatic flame temperature' is.

If you know the chemical composition, I may be able to come up with a first cut approximation for you if that doesn't work.

We are thinking about using eathanol. with a gallon of fuel, and a 3" diameter... single stages estimates are around 17,000 feet so that's what we want to do.

1. What is the recommended burn temperature for G2 engines?

The recommended burn temperature for G2 engines is between 2000-2500 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature range allows for optimal thrust and performance of the rocket.

2. Why is the recommended burn temperature important?

The recommended burn temperature is important because it ensures that the rocket engine is operating at its highest efficiency and producing the most thrust. This ultimately determines the height and speed at which the rocket will travel.

3. What factors can affect the burn temperature of a rocket engine?

There are several factors that can affect the burn temperature of a rocket engine, such as the type and composition of the propellant, the design and construction of the rocket, and environmental conditions such as air pressure and temperature.

4. Can the recommended burn temperature vary for different rocket designs?

Yes, the recommended burn temperature can vary for different rocket designs. This is because each rocket is unique and may require different levels of heat and thrust to achieve optimal performance based on its size, weight, and shape.

5. How can I ensure that my rocket's burn temperature is within the recommended range?

To ensure that your rocket's burn temperature is within the recommended range, it is important to carefully follow the instructions provided by the rocket manufacturer. This includes using the recommended propellant and ensuring that the engine is securely attached to the rocket.