Build a Cubesat: Need Mathematician, Physicist, Engineer

• Thread starter king yasin ally
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Building
In summary: Then we can start discussing the design.In summary, the conversation is about a project to build a cubesat and the search for potential team members and funding. The project leader is looking for someone with an idea on where to begin and is open to having a mathematician, physicist, or engineer join the team. It is suggested to start by creating a project plan and defining the requirements before discussing the design.
king yasin ally
hallo i have a project on building a cubesat, i am trying to find someone who has an idea in where to begin?
if someone with some free time would like to join this project i will appreciate it very much and who knows
they might be some funding in the near future.
if we make it!

new time off design

need a mathematician/physicist/engineer
not necessary in that order.

Engineering news on Phys.org
new design

Attachments

• photo-1024x768.jpg
    photo-1024x768.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 506
king yasin ally said:
hallo i have a project on building a cubesat, i am trying to find someone who has an idea in where to begin?
if someone with some free time would like to join this project i will appreciate it very much and who knows
if we make it!

new time off design

Welcome to the PF.

One of the themes here at the PF is that we expect students to do some research and reading on their own before asking such a broad question. What have you read so far? There is a huge amount of information available on cubesat projects. Please do that reading and research first, and then if you have specific questions, post links to your reading in this thread, and ask your specific questions.

Is this project for schoolwork?

king yasin ally said:
if we make it!

new time off design

I can join your project group, and help out where needed. I wondering why you need a mathematician and physicist though.

A good place to start is setting up a project plan, and what the requirements are.

I am excited to hear about your project on building a cubesat. It is a challenging and innovative undertaking that requires a diverse set of skills, including mathematics, physics, and engineering. I would recommend starting by creating a detailed plan outlining the goals, timeline, and required resources for the project. This will help you identify the specific areas where you need assistance from a mathematician, physicist, or engineer. You can also reach out to universities, research institutions, or organizations that specialize in cubesat development to find potential collaborators. Additionally, seeking funding for the project is crucial, and you can explore various options such as grants, sponsorships, or crowdfunding. I wish you the best of luck with your project and hope to see your cubesat successfully launched into space in the future.

1. What is a Cubesat?

A Cubesat is a type of miniaturized satellite used for space research and exploration. It typically has a volume of exactly 1 liter and a mass of no more than 1.33 kilograms.

2. What is the role of a mathematician in building a Cubesat?

A mathematician plays a crucial role in the design and development of a Cubesat. They are responsible for analyzing and modeling the trajectory of the satellite, calculating the necessary orbital parameters, and ensuring the correct positioning and timing of the satellite for optimal performance.

3. What skills are needed for an engineer to work on a Cubesat project?

An engineer working on a Cubesat project should have a strong background in mechanical, electrical, and software engineering. They should also have experience in design, testing, and integration of complex systems, as well as knowledge of space systems and components.

4. How does physics play a role in building a Cubesat?

Physics is essential in building a Cubesat as it is the foundation of understanding how the satellite will operate in space. It involves the study of forces, motion, and energy, which are crucial in designing the structure, propulsion, and communication systems of the Cubesat.

5. What are the potential applications of a Cubesat?

A Cubesat has a wide range of potential applications, including Earth observation, remote sensing, communication, weather forecasting, and scientific research. It can also be used for educational purposes and to test new technologies for larger satellites and space missions.