Building a jet engine

• Thread starter M.M.M
  • Start date
Hi guys...

we are currently interested -in our clip of aerospace engineering in my uni.-

to build a complete jet engine ... unfortunately.. we have not yet found any detailed explanation to each step in doing so .. if you have any link or uploaded book or even you remember some manuals foe this purpose...please put it here

thanks

have - you.......tried......google...........yet-?

Danger

Gold Member
Take it from someone who learned through bitter experience (when I was about 12), that basing it upon a canister-type vacuum cleaner is not a good idea. :blushing:

yes i did mr.Cyrus .. the result is no detailed information , "buy to get" , no complete design ...

russ_watters

Mentor
You're unlikely to find a ready-to-build kit design for a jet engine. You'll hae to design it yourself.

Unless you have access to an extremely advanced machine shop I'd start by looking at what parts you can take from scrap turbo-charges.

Hi guys...

we are currently interested -in our clip of aerospace engineering in my uni.-

to build a complete jet engine ... unfortunately.. we have not yet found any detailed explanation to each step in doing so .. if you have any link or uploaded book or even you remember some manuals foe this purpose...please put it here

thanks
GOOD, DONT GIVE UP. our sir said that In 2006 one of our senior built one jet engine it took him around 6 months to built, worked fine sound was horrible it seems
some links might be helpful to you
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-build-your-own-Jet-Engine/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0951058991?ie=UTF8&tag=rcairplanewor-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0951058991

Last edited by a moderator:
but the amazon website says that you have to ((((((((( PAY ))))))))) !!!!

There are a few decent books out there with titles like "how to build a jet engine." None of them will just make the thing pop out of thin air though. You will need good machining skills, and there will always be sketchy parts of the design you will need to work around.