Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Building a Particle Accelerator

1. Dec 5, 2003 #1
    Can anyone give me a link to or information about how to build a PRACTICAL particle accelerator? Like one that would fit inside a basement or garage? Please, no handhelds that cant do much, and no mile-long underground accelerators that require their own nuclear power plant. I am interested in knowing how they are built, and (possibly) to build one myself for research. Thank You
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2003 #2
  4. Dec 11, 2003 #3
    are there any sites with clear, consie directions and plans, materials lists, etc. for dummies with little electric experience? those are more of a book on how PA's work, not thier actual construction
  5. Dec 11, 2003 #4
    No, not really. There are a few web pages by people who built their own particle accelerators, but they don't go into a lot of construction detail. It's not the sort of project that "dummies with little electric experience" tend to attempt.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?