Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bullet science fair project?

1. Sep 10, 2006 #1
    anyone have any ideas how I could design a science fair project around bullet physics? I was leaning toward muzzle velocity and bullet speed. also the power the different calibre's of bullets have on impact but I am not sure how to design the experiment or measure results any help would be appreciated!
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2006 #2
    'I\'m not sure if this concept is still around, but when I was in high school I ran into the idea of \"kinetic pulse\" on a web page somewhere. I experimented with crater depth and tried to determine a relation between \"kinetic pulse\" and crater depth. Can\'t remember the formula off the top of my head, but here\'s the website:\r\n\r\nhttp://www.xmission.com/~fractil/math/kp.html\r\n\r\nI also didn\'t use bullets, but with the right material (something that\'s not gonna break upon impact), you could get something together.'
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?