Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bun, Bk, and Peppe' the skunk

1. Jul 20, 2003 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here is one for you city dwellers. My darn cats made buddies with a skunk and started inviting it home for dinner. I actually caught them all hanging out together. This has gone on for so long that we gave the skunk a name as indicated. He might have even been in the house eating cat food last night…my wife can’t be sure. Something uninvited came in the cat access but ran out before the dog caught it; we then noticed that oh so special odor.

Alas, poor Peppe' finally met Mr. 12 Gauge. I just had to kill the poor little guy a few minutes ago. I had been waiting for a clear shot. Really he was kind of cute...but too dangerous and smelly for a farm buddy. Still, it is always a bummer to kill something.

Of course, this is nothing compared to the lady who while taking a bath realized that she had a visitor in the bathroom: a baby Brahma Bull!!! Country living is cool.

And boy does it smell!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2003 #2
    Personally i would have killed the Cats! Is there any difference between a Brahma bull and a normal Bull? other than the brahma part.

Being a Brahma bull does that make it the Bull God of eternal bliss and all knowledge?

4. Jul 20, 2003 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wachu talkin bout Willis!?

Well, I'm no expert, but I would estimate the difference as about 800 pounds.

No but he gets to sleep anywhere he wants!

5. Jul 20, 2003 #4
    So he is just a big bugger then.

6. Jul 20, 2003 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Physically they look quite a bit different also. They have a large fold of loose skin around their neck and chest that is very distinctive. Anyway, I'm sure plenty is found is netspace. But to say the least, they are a very intimidating animal...even a regular bull is surprisingly large when you first stand next to one. To have even a baby in your bathroom would be quite an experience. Apparently she had left the back door open. The bull got out of its pen and wondered right into the house. The first she knew of it, the bull was standing at the bathroom door and looking at her in the tub.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?