What should I do if my cats befriend a skunk and bring it home for dinner?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, a Brahma bull escaped from its pen and entered the house while the woman was taking a bath. The bull was very large and intimidating, and the experience was quite frightening.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Here is one for you city dwellers. My darn cats made buddies with a skunk and started inviting it home for dinner. I actually caught them all hanging out together. This has gone on for so long that we gave the skunk a name as indicated. He might have even been in the house eating cat food last night…my wife can’t be sure. Something uninvited came in the cat access but ran out before the dog caught it; we then noticed that oh so special odor.

Alas, poor Peppe' finally met Mr. 12 Gauge. I just had to kill the poor little guy a few minutes ago. I had been waiting for a clear shot. Really he was kind of cute...but too dangerous and smelly for a farm buddy. Still, it is always a bummer to kill something.

Of course, this is nothing compared to the lady who while taking a bath realized that she had a visitor in the bathroom: a baby Brahma Bull! Country living is cool.

And boy does it smell!

Physics news on Phys.org
Personally i would have killed the Cats! Is there any difference between a Brahma bull and a normal Bull? other than the brahma part.

Being a Brahma bull does that make it the Bull God of eternal bliss and all knowledge?

Originally posted by Andy
Personally i would have killed the Cats!

Wachu talkin bout Willis!?

Is there any difference between a Brahma bull and a normal Bull? other than the brahma part.

Well, I'm no expert, but I would estimate the difference as about 800 pounds.

Being a Brahma bull does that make it the Bull God of eternal bliss and all knowledge?

No but he gets to sleep anywhere he wants!

So he is just a big bugger then.

Originally posted by Andy
So he is just a big bugger then.

Physically they look quite a bit different also. They have a large fold of loose skin around their neck and chest that is very distinctive. Anyway, I'm sure plenty is found is netspace. But to say the least, they are a very intimidating animal...even a regular bull is surprisingly large when you first stand next to one. To have even a baby in your bathroom would be quite an experience. Apparently she had left the back door open. The bull got out of its pen and wondered right into the house. The first she knew of it, the bull was standing at the bathroom door and looking at her in the tub.

1. What is the scientific name for skunks?

The scientific name for skunks is Mephitidae, which is a family of mammals in the order Carnivora.

2. What are the most common species of skunk?

The most common species of skunk are the striped skunk (Mephitis mephitis) and the spotted skunk (Spilogale putoris).

3. Are skunks dangerous to humans?

Skunks are not typically dangerous to humans, but they can spray a strong-smelling liquid from their anal glands as a defense mechanism. This spray can cause temporary blindness and can be difficult to remove from clothing and skin.

4. What do skunks eat?

Skunks are omnivores, which means they eat both plants and animals. Their diet can include insects, small animals, fruits, and vegetables.

5. Can skunks make good pets?

While some people may find skunks to be cute and want to keep them as pets, it is not legal in most places to own a skunk as a pet. Additionally, skunks have specific dietary and habitat needs that may be difficult to meet in a domestic setting.

Back