Burn a slideshow that my friend made in Windows Movie Maker

In summary, the person is seeking help with burning a slideshow made in Windows Movie Maker to a DVD for their friend's dad's birthday. They have converted the file to a DVD format but their DVD player cannot read it. They are seeking help and have used WinAVI 8.0 to convert the file. They also mention living in Singapore where everything is PAL. They provide a link to a tutorial on burning VOB files to DVD.
megaforcetkd
Hey guys, I'm not sure where else to post this so I'm thinking it'll fit the best here.

I've been trying to burn a slideshow that my friend made in Windows Movie Maker to a DVD for her, and it's saved in .wmv format. I've converted it to a DVD format (.vob) and tried burning it, but my DVD player can't seem to read it? It plays fine on a computer, however. I really need to get this working because it's her dad's birthday gift! Any help would be appreciated...

I used WinAVI 8.0 to convert.. I live in Singapore where everything is PAL.

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. How do I burn a slideshow made in Windows Movie Maker?

To burn a slideshow made in Windows Movie Maker, you will need to have a DVD burner installed on your computer. Once you have the DVD burner, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Movie Maker and click on "File" in the top left corner.
  2. Select "Save movie" and then choose "Burn a DVD".
  3. Follow the prompts to add your slideshow to the DVD project.
  4. Insert a blank DVD into your DVD burner and click on "Burn" to start the burning process.
  5. Once the burning is complete, you will have a DVD with your slideshow saved on it.

2. Can I add music to my slideshow before burning it?

Yes, you can add music to your slideshow before burning it in Windows Movie Maker. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Movie Maker and click on "Add videos and photos" to add your slideshow.
  2. Once your slideshow is added, click on "Add music" and choose the music you want to add.
  3. You can adjust the duration and volume of the music by clicking on "Music Tools" and making the desired changes.
  4. When you are satisfied with your slideshow and music, follow the steps outlined in question 1 to burn your DVD.

3. What file format should my slideshow be in before burning it?

The recommended file format for a slideshow in Windows Movie Maker is WMV (Windows Media Video). To ensure that your slideshow is in this format, follow these steps:

1. Open your slideshow in Windows Movie Maker.
  2. Click on "File" and then select "Save movie" from the drop-down menu.
  3. Choose the desired resolution and click on "Save".
  4. Your slideshow will now be saved in the recommended WMV format.

4. Can I customize the menu on the DVD before burning my slideshow?

Yes, you can customize the menu on the DVD before burning your slideshow in Windows Movie Maker. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Movie Maker and click on "File" in the top left corner.
  2. Select "Save movie" and then choose "Burn a DVD".
  3. In the DVD project window, click on "Customize menu" on the right side.
  4. Here, you can change the title, background, and add text or images to the menu.
  5. Once you are satisfied with the menu, click on "Next" and follow the prompts to burn your DVD.

5. Can I preview my slideshow before burning it to a DVD?

Yes, you can preview your slideshow before burning it to a DVD in Windows Movie Maker. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Movie Maker and add your slideshow to the project.
  2. Click on "Play" in the preview window to preview your slideshow with the added music and any other effects.
  3. If you need to make any changes, click on "Edit" to go back to the project window.
  4. Once you are satisfied, follow the steps outlined in question 1 to burn your DVD.