Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Burning Water

1. Sep 12, 2007 #1

LURCH

Science Advisor

This article; http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=SALTASFUEL-09-10-07 , from Scripps Howard talks about what appears to be a new method for seperating Water into Hydrogen and Oxygen by exposing it to an RF generator.
    From the Article:
    The article seems to make a big deal out of the possible application of this developement as a power source. At least there is one mention of the question of efficiency;
    NOw, unless somebody changed the laws of Entropy while I wasn't looking, this process which starts with liquid water and ends up burning Hydrogen and Oxygen to produce water can't be a source of energy. Do you guys see anything I missed?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

4. Sep 13, 2007 #3

LURCH

Science Advisor

Thanks Berkman. I thought there would already ber a thread on this, but I didn't think to look in that Forum. Seems kinda obvious, now.

5. Sep 13, 2007 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

No worries. Pretty interesting subject, eh? I'm just glad that we have a place like the PF to provide such lucid commentary on subjects like this one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?