1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Burning Water

1. Sep 12, 2007 #1

LURCH

Science Advisor

This article; http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=SALTASFUEL-09-10-07 , from Scripps Howard talks about what appears to be a new method for seperating Water into Hydrogen and Oxygen by exposing it to an RF generator.
    From the Article:
    The article seems to make a big deal out of the possible application of this developement as a power source. At least there is one mention of the question of efficiency;
    NOw, unless somebody changed the laws of Entropy while I wasn't looking, this process which starts with liquid water and ends up burning Hydrogen and Oxygen to produce water can't be a source of energy. Do you guys see anything I missed?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2007 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

4. Sep 13, 2007 #3

LURCH

Science Advisor

Thanks Berkman. I thought there would already ber a thread on this, but I didn't think to look in that Forum. Seems kinda obvious, now.

5. Sep 13, 2007 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

No worries. Pretty interesting subject, eh? I'm just glad that we have a place like the PF to provide such lucid commentary on subjects like this one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?