Two Buses Traveling at 100km/h - What's the Connection?

• Thread starter AnthreX
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Connection
In summary, while traveling on a bus at 100km/h, the speaker saw another bus heading in the opposite direction at the same speed. When the other bus passed by, there was a sensation of shaking and a swoosh sound due to the displacement of air caused by the large vehicles moving at high speeds. This is a common occurrence and nothing to be concerned about.
AnthreX
I was in the bus traveling at 100km/h going to N and i saw another bus going to direction S at the same speed and the same bus

and when the other bus that was heading S passed by ( it was 80~100cm between the buses )
i felt the bus shake and heard a swoosh sound ( the window was open on my seat )

why is that ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Large vehicles, such as buses, push a lot of air out of the way as they move down the road at high speeds. What you heard and felt was this air pushing on your bus. Perhaps I did not get the full meaning of your question.

1. What is the connection between two buses traveling at 100km/h?

The connection is that they are both traveling at the same speed of 100km/h.

2. How is this scenario relevant to science?

This scenario is relevant to science because it involves the principles of motion and speed, which are fundamental concepts in physics.

3. Can you explain the concept of relative motion in relation to this scenario?

Relative motion is the motion of one object in relation to another. In this scenario, the two buses are moving at the same speed, so their relative motion is constant.

4. How does this scenario relate to the concept of velocity?

Velocity is a measure of an object's speed and direction. In this scenario, the buses are both traveling at the same speed of 100km/h, but they may be traveling in different directions, which affects their velocity.

5. Is there any significance to the speed of 100km/h in this scenario?

The speed of 100km/h is significant because it is a common speed limit for vehicles on highways. It also allows for easy calculations and comparisons in this scenario.