News Bush as bad as bin Laden according to Canada

  • Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
728
13
Canadians believe U.S. President George W. Bush is almost as great a threat to our national security as Osama bin Laden, according to a government opinion poll obtained by the National Post.
http://www.canada.com/saskatoon/starphoenix/news/national/story.html?id=ee0db970-7505-416a-b61b-fd1c07e368c0 [Broken]

this is a bit of an overreaction I think. the US government has done everything the Bush government has done & more (like Kennedy & vietnam). it's only now that people are paying more attention.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
310
2
almost? just almost?
 

SOS2008

Gold Member
18
0
Oh yea, a Bush-bashing thread! :rofl:

Here's a guy who couldn't even manage his own life, and yet he is the head of the most powerful nation in the world. Just the invasion of Iraq alone has been an ongoing fiasco. If the memos about an attack on the WTC were ignored, or Flight 93 was actually shot down, or the intelligence about terrorist connections and/or WMD in Iraq were "fixed," or the situation in Iraq has been misjudged--Not only have these things been bungled, but IMO at least some of it has involved a cover-up. Yes, incompetence + belligerence = menace, and Dubya, et al, are a menace to everyone, including our neighbors, and the American people (sound familiar?).
 

Pengwuino

Gold Member
4,854
14
lol why would bin laden give a crap about Canada :D

And yah, go at it SOS, go sing the party line :rofl:
 
Last edited:

SOS2008

Gold Member
18
0
Pengwuino said:
lol why would bin laden give a crap about Canada :D

And yah, go at it SOS, go sing the party line :rofl:
I'm an Independent with plenty of criticism for both parties -- and maybe you missed the thread about all the good things Bush has done. Please feel free to share. :smile:
 

NateTG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2,449
5
Duh!

Well, US Foreign policy rather than Bush in particular. Seems pretty obvious to me. I'm surprised that it got beaten out by international organized crime.
 

Pengwuino

Gold Member
4,854
14
SOS2008 said:
I'm an Independent with plenty of criticism for both parties -- and maybe you missed the thread about all the good things Bush has done. Please feel free to share. :smile:
I MUST have missed THAT lol. I would remember something like that. Kind of like seeing UFO's... ur not sure what ur seeing, no one will believe you saw it, and im skeptical as to if it exists in the first place :rofl: :rofl:
 

Art

Pengwuino said:
I MUST have missed THAT lol. I would remember something like that. Kind of like seeing UFO's... ur not sure what ur seeing, no one will believe you saw it, and im skeptical as to if it exists in the first place :rofl: :rofl:
I stood up for Bush in an argument the other day; Somebody said he wasn't fit to eat with pigs but I said he was :biggrin:
 
57
0
you traitor!! How could you? :eek: :biggrin:
 
57
0
interesting read......
 

Informal Logic

klusener said:
interesting read......
Too bad Bush and his "advisors" haven not read it. No need to ask what is at the root of terrorism. It is made very clear. Why not address these simple issues, rather than plot about how to spread democracy with record deficit spending?

Many Americans wanted to immigrate to Canada after the 2004 election, probably with hopes of being safe from all this madness.
 

Pengwuino

Gold Member
4,854
14
Informal Logic said:
Too bad Bush and his "advisors" haven not read it. No need to ask what is at the root of terrorism. It is made very clear. Why not address these simple issues, rather than plot about how to spread democracy with record deficit spending?

Many Americans wanted to immigrate to Canada after the 2004 election, probably with hopes of being safe from all this madness.
lol "simple"! Oh yes, terrorism and national defense is a simple matter!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And whats with these "journalists". The articles mainly about Canada's lack of prepration for anything and the title and this thread is about Bush.

The Americans that wanted to immigrate to Canada were the draft-dodgers, the hypocrits, and the rich in America that go out and burn US flags and act like traitors (or in SOME cases, actually fit the definition of traitor to a T). None of them ever actually lived up to their cry-baby tactics and left however.
 

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,093
174
Well, Penguino, I would be gone already if I could. And blind patriotism like yours is exactly why. But in my case, I had to make a choice between family and country.

But I considered leaving the ultimate act of patriotism. What would you prefer; a civil war?
 

Pengwuino

Gold Member
4,854
14
What, sensible journalism is considered blind patriotism?

And yes, i can see why you would htink leaving is the ultimate act of patriotism, pff! Thats like the ultimate act of law enforcement would to be evacuate a city and leave the criminals alone. But i can see why you would call that patriotism when you somehow imply that fighting against the US or supporting enemies etc etc is patriotic.
 

NateTG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2,449
5
Ivan Seeking said:
Well, Penguino, I would be gone already if I could. And blind patriotism like yours is exactly why. But in my case, I had to make a choice between family and country.
I can handle patriotism. It's the ignorance, jingoism, fear mongering, and xenophobia that tick me off.
 
310
2
SOS2008 said:
Here's a guy who couldn't even manage his own life, and yet he is the head of the most powerful nation in the world.
Isn't that what makes America so great? You always get a second chance? Anyone can become president? blah blah blah, all that American dream jazz.
 

Pengwuino

Gold Member
4,854
14
Smurf said:
Isn't that what makes America so great? You always get a second chance? Anyone can become president? blah blah blah, all that American dream jazz.
Yah, hell, look at John Kerry. Dumb as a brick (ha, and cant see hes not because we alllll have been watchen the news lately ;)) and he's a millionaire (ok wait... he married into it, nevermind) and made it to the presidential election.
 

Art

Smurf said:
Isn't that what makes America so great? You always get a second chance? Anyone can become president? blah blah blah, all that American dream jazz.
As an obvious recipient of the benefits of the liberal 'affirmative action' policy to help the mentally challenged you would think Bush would be more liberal in his views. :biggrin:
 

SOS2008

Gold Member
18
0
Pengwuino said:
lol "simple"! Oh yes, terrorism and national defense is a simple matter!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And whats with these "journalists". The articles mainly about Canada's lack of prepration for anything and the title and this thread is about Bush.

The Americans that wanted to immigrate to Canada were the draft-dodgers, the hypocrits, and the rich in America that go out and burn US flags and act like traitors (or in SOME cases, actually fit the definition of traitor to a T). None of them ever actually lived up to their cry-baby tactics and left however.
Actually "terrorism and national defense" are that easy, but you have fallen for the propaganda of the Bush regime, and ignore information straight from Bin Laden's mouth just like they do (except with Dubya I'm not sure how much is ineptitude and how much is lying--both are disgusting).

Americans who want to immigrate to Canada want freedom and democracy (not a Police State where the White House controls everything), oh yes, and to escape ignorance. :yuck: If the "blue" states split and became part of Canada, the "red" states would become a third-world country (think about it), so maybe they should be nice to us, and all the Christians should pray that never happens. As for patriotism, I kick neocon a** every chance I get because I love my country. :biggrin: :rofl:
 
Last edited:

SOS2008

Gold Member
18
0
Smurf said:
Isn't that what makes America so great? You always get a second chance? Anyone can become president? blah blah blah, all that American dream jazz.
A clarification then... What makes America great is that people are supposed to have a chance for a better life based on things like merit, hard work, ethics -- you know, all the "values" people claim to care so much about.
Pengwuino said:
Yah, hell, look at John Kerry. Dumb as a brick (ha, and cant see hes not because we alllll have been watchen the news lately ;)) and he's a millionaire (ok wait... he married into it, nevermind) and made it to the presidential election.
As usual I must ask you to do some research and provide sources for your claims. John Kerry was accepted into law school (unlike Dubya), and did earn a JD degree. Also, he signed a prenup, so really his own personal wealth is far less than Dubya's. And have you watched Bush on the news? Embarrassing!

It's really frustrating to keep providing information that dispels such remarks, yet inevitably the same false claims are posted again and again. Do people even read the posts--what's the problem? :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
57
0
SOS2008, never misunderestimate Bush's English skills...
 
Pengwuino said:
None of them ever actually lived up to their cry-baby tactics and left however.
Let's see, you have to become a Canadian citizen (need lots of money), then employment (need jobs), then be willing to up root your family (new school, friends) -- yeh they're just pansies for not going through with it.
Pengwuino said:
...(ha, and cant see hes not because we alllll have been watchen the news lately ;))
It's really tiring, but I'll post it again:

Also interesting are the results of a CNN poll conducted May 25, 2005:

Do you think the Bush White House is trying to control the media?

YES @ 94% (7,700)

NO @ 6% (478)
I can't believe how many members are in the 6% who still watch state sponsored news (Fox).
 
klusener said:
SOS2008, never misunderestimate Bush's English skills...
You mean at the 5th grade level that everyone can understand? I see what you mean. We could call it "Bush Speak." :rofl:
 

russ_watters

Mentor
18,848
5,037
2CentsWorth said:
It's really tiring, but I'll post it again:
That was a poll associated with a Lou Dobbs program. Its not a scientific poll.
Further, the question is so weak as to be pretty meaningless. Just think about it - better yet, apply it to any other President and see if you can say the same thing. #1 required skill of a politician: media manipulation.
 

Related Threads for: Bush as bad as bin Laden according to Canada

Replies
23
Views
4K
Replies
12
Views
3K
  • Posted
Replies
15
Views
3K
  • Posted
Replies
11
Views
2K
  • Posted
Replies
5
Views
2K
  • Posted
Replies
13
Views
2K
  • Posted
2
Replies
28
Views
5K
Replies
56
Views
5K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top