Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bush as bad as bin Laden according to Canada

1. Jun 15, 2005 #1
    http://www.canada.com/saskatoon/sta....html?id=ee0db970-7505-416a-b61b-fd1c07e368c0

this is a bit of an overreaction I think. the US government has done everything the Bush government has done & more (like Kennedy & vietnam). it's only now that people are paying more attention.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2005 #2
    almost? just almost?

4. Jun 15, 2005 #3

SOS2008

Gold Member

Oh yea, a Bush-bashing thread! :rofl:

Here's a guy who couldn't even manage his own life, and yet he is the head of the most powerful nation in the world. Just the invasion of Iraq alone has been an ongoing fiasco. If the memos about an attack on the WTC were ignored, or Flight 93 was actually shot down, or the intelligence about terrorist connections and/or WMD in Iraq were "fixed," or the situation in Iraq has been misjudged--Not only have these things been bungled, but IMO at least some of it has involved a cover-up. Yes, incompetence + belligerence = menace, and Dubya, et al, are a menace to everyone, including our neighbors, and the American people (sound familiar?).

5. Jun 15, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

lol why would bin laden give a crap about Canada :D

And yah, go at it SOS, go sing the party line :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  6. Jun 15, 2005 #5

SOS2008

Gold Member

I'm an Independent with plenty of criticism for both parties -- and maybe you missed the thread about all the good things Bush has done. Please feel free to share. :smile:

7. Jun 15, 2005 #6

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Duh!

Well, US Foreign policy rather than Bush in particular. Seems pretty obvious to me. I'm surprised that it got beaten out by international organized crime.

8. Jun 15, 2005 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I MUST have missed THAT lol. I would remember something like that. Kind of like seeing UFO's... ur not sure what ur seeing, no one will believe you saw it, and im skeptical as to if it exists in the first place :rofl: :rofl:

9. Jun 15, 2005 #8

Art

I stood up for Bush in an argument the other day; Somebody said he wasn't fit to eat with pigs but I said he was :biggrin:

10. Jun 15, 2005 #9
    you traitor!! How could you? :eek: :biggrin:

11. Jun 15, 2005 #10

Art

12. Jun 15, 2005 #11
    interesting read......

13. Jun 15, 2005 #12
    Too bad Bush and his "advisors" haven not read it. No need to ask what is at the root of terrorism. It is made very clear. Why not address these simple issues, rather than plot about how to spread democracy with record deficit spending?

Many Americans wanted to immigrate to Canada after the 2004 election, probably with hopes of being safe from all this madness.

14. Jun 15, 2005 #13

Pengwuino

Gold Member

lol "simple"! Oh yes, terrorism and national defense is a simple matter!
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And whats with these "journalists". The articles mainly about Canada's lack of prepration for anything and the title and this thread is about Bush.

The Americans that wanted to immigrate to Canada were the draft-dodgers, the hypocrits, and the rich in America that go out and burn US flags and act like traitors (or in SOME cases, actually fit the definition of traitor to a T). None of them ever actually lived up to their cry-baby tactics and left however.

15. Jun 15, 2005 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, Penguino, I would be gone already if I could. And blind patriotism like yours is exactly why. But in my case, I had to make a choice between family and country.

But I considered leaving the ultimate act of patriotism. What would you prefer; a civil war?

16. Jun 15, 2005 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What, sensible journalism is considered blind patriotism?

And yes, i can see why you would htink leaving is the ultimate act of patriotism, pff! Thats like the ultimate act of law enforcement would to be evacuate a city and leave the criminals alone. But i can see why you would call that patriotism when you somehow imply that fighting against the US or supporting enemies etc etc is patriotic.

17. Jun 15, 2005 #16

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I can handle patriotism. It's the ignorance, jingoism, fear mongering, and xenophobia that tick me off.

18. Jun 15, 2005 #17
    Isn't that what makes America so great? You always get a second chance? Anyone can become president? blah blah blah, all that American dream jazz.

19. Jun 15, 2005 #18

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah, hell, look at John Kerry. Dumb as a brick (ha, and cant see hes not because we alllll have been watchen the news lately ;)) and he's a millionaire (ok wait... he married into it, nevermind) and made it to the presidential election.

20. Jun 15, 2005 #19

Art

As an obvious recipient of the benefits of the liberal 'affirmative action' policy to help the mentally challenged you would think Bush would be more liberal in his views. :biggrin:

21. Jun 15, 2005 #20

SOS2008

Gold Member

Actually "terrorism and national defense" are that easy, but you have fallen for the propaganda of the Bush regime, and ignore information straight from Bin Laden's mouth just like they do (except with Dubya I'm not sure how much is ineptitude and how much is lying--both are disgusting).

Americans who want to immigrate to Canada want freedom and democracy (not a Police State where the White House controls everything), oh yes, and to escape ignorance. :yuck: If the "blue" states split and became part of Canada, the "red" states would become a third-world country (think about it), so maybe they should be nice to us, and all the Christians should pray that never happens. As for patriotism, I kick neocon a** every chance I get because I love my country. :biggrin: :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?