News Bush caught staging meeting with troops

TDS coverage: http://movies.crooksandliars.com/TDS-Teleconference.mov [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

SOS2008

Gold Member
kat said:
Or maybe you should try supporting your case without the propoganda, hyperbole, rhetoric and deceit. :surprised
I know you don’t like my positions, and if you did, I would begin to worry about myself.
TRCSF said:
Wouldn't it be great if the President tried that?
She thinks Bush is the most brilliant man she’s ever met.
DaveC426913 said:
I have seen the video** where the PR woman runs the soldiers through the script, and she does indeed, tell them where to pause, etc. (though there's no question that Bush's speech was scripted, I did not see explicit evidence that the actual words of the soldiers were scripted.)
Now, you have a point there. The soldiers were not using a prompter (at least that could be seen). However: 1) the soldiers were especially selected; 2) they were coached; and 3) they were told to hand off the microphone if unable to respond appropriately. That means very little is spontaneous (not controlled for) and contrary to how the WH was presenting this.

This is such a small bit of propaganda on the spectrum of what this administration has done, that I don’t care too much about this particular incident. The important thing is that the American people are getting increasingly fed up with it. This is one reason Bush’s approval ratings have dropped, and rightfully so.