Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bush Comming to my country

1. Oct 31, 2005 #1
    Bush is comming to my country Argentina to the IV summit of the americas

Becouse of bush presence in the country:

3 bombs has been detonated, 1 in citybank, 1 in mcdonals, 1 in blockbuster. (All of them in the night no people injured)
    There will be A national strike the day president Bush arrive against him
    Masive movilizations allready are taking place in all around the country.
    Bush has been denounced under the supreme court of Argentina with charges of Crimes against humainity, between others.
    Knowing Bush is a soccer fun, now in almost all soccer matchs you can see people with big banners with things like: "Bush you son of a $·&", "Bush go HOME" etc.
    There are expected masive movilizations of about half a millon people the days of the summit.
    Maradona, the nr 1 soccer player in the world will be heading one of the movilizations against bush in the summit.

Anti Bush Rally
    http://argentina.indymedia.org/uploads/2005/10/p1010028.jpg

Creating terrorists:
    http://argentina.indymedia.org/uploads/2005/10/19.jpgt9sjlg.jpg
    http://argentina.indymedia.org/uploads/2005/10/p1010048.jpg

The fight of the opresed people is the limit to tyrants!
    http://argentina.indymedia.org/uploads/2005/10/pic_0042.jpg

Bush is comming :rofl: :rofl:
    http://argentina.indymedia.org/uploads/2005/10/bush2.jpg

Big brother is you
    http://argentina.indymedia.org/uploads/2005/10/14.jpg4auot5.jpg

Note: I will be posting in this topic until the summit the day friday 4..

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2005 #2
    You know what I've always wondered? If a country (such as Argentina) decides that a foreign leader committed high crimes, is there ever a chance that they'd arrest him or her? (Probably not, due to the threat of an invasion.)

4. Oct 31, 2005 #3
    The problem is that if a goverment has not the support of us gov, it's realy dificult it to came to power. and if it does, it's probable that the cia will overtrow it. and i am talking for experience here... not making asumptions, y have plenty of examples for that. unless here in latin and central america that is the rule...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  5. Oct 31, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Now that is really sad. I will never understand the mindset of a person who will hurt innocent people (or even risk it...nobody was injured, but you never know if someone might have unexpectedly been walking past when it happened) or destroy property as a form of protest.

So, if the Argentinian supreme court has denounced him, why has Argentina invited him? I don't really understand that. Why not make it clear to him that he's not welcome by just not inviting him? Is there disagreement among high government officials about Bush?

Tee hee...probably annoying if you just want to watch soccer without political commentary. I never watch soccer; I wonder if they show those parts of the crowd when they air a match in the US?

I hope it remains peaceful and nobody gets hurt.

6. Oct 31, 2005 #5
    Were you aware of this:

http://www.hrw.org/press/2002/08/aspa080302.htm

7. Oct 31, 2005 #6
    That's nice. Three and a half more years is it?

8. Oct 31, 2005 #7
    Are you tallking about bush?? :rofl: :rofl: no klidding, yes i know, they put the bombs there becouse they are icons of American imperialism, and they did it in times where they where closed, anyway there is always the posibility someone get hurt.

No, private citicenz denounced bushh in the supreme court.

Well, knowing that 80% of the people here in argentina dislikes bush, i don't thing they find it anoying.

I hope the same, couse i will be there marching.

9. Oct 31, 2005 #8

cronxeh

Gold Member

What the hell is wrong with you people.. thats our President, we'll deal with him on our terms :grumpy:

10. Oct 31, 2005 #9
    No cronex, he is the self apointed president of the world if you didn't notice it.. then we all have to deal with him..

11. Oct 31, 2005 #10
    What a wonderful idea: letting a country deal with its leader on its own terms. Amen to that.

12. Oct 31, 2005 #11

cronxeh

Gold Member

"Irregardless" of that, he is still the President of the United States, a title which has significance even if we disagree with who happens to hold that title. As such, the President will be defended both domestically and abroad. If we happen to impeach him, then you hippies in Argentina can do whatever you want with him, but until then he is the President and he's got his football and the finger on the button.

13. Oct 31, 2005 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, that was my point...protesting that he is hurting others by hurting others doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Oh, okay. I just don't understand enough about Argentina's government to have realized what that meant. Thanks for clarifying.

Stay safe! :smile:

14. Oct 31, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If he was only meddling in domestic policy, that would be a fair statement, but as long as he's meddling in foreign affairs, anyone affected by his policies certainly should have the right to take issue with him on it.

15. Oct 31, 2005 #14

cronxeh

Gold Member

By killing him abroad the issue wont be resolved, it will only put the American troops on their soil - because dont forget who will be the next President after current President - the current Vice President, oh with Republican domination of the Congress and Supreme Court, as well as Argentina having oil rest assured we'll be there within 24 hours

16. Oct 31, 2005 #15
    Intelligent..! "Hippies" indeed. What an solid argument against freedom of expression (thinking more the banners than the bombs, needless to say).

17. Oct 31, 2005 #16

cronxeh

Gold Member

No maybe I come off as a bit arrogant to you, but honestly - who cares about those banners? We get to read intelligently constructed arguments in New York Times as it as, with your ranting on the streets in the middle of the autumn nobody really cares - its old rhetoric by now, we heard it time and time again, and then some.

18. Oct 31, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Who said anything about killing him? The topic is about protesting his visit. :confused:

19. Oct 31, 2005 #18
    Judging by katrina, I doubt you would be there in a couple of weeks

20. Oct 31, 2005 #19

cronxeh

Gold Member

You'd be surprised :biggrin: *unpleasantly*

Ah a good point, however I remember his visit to Georgia where they held similar protests and someone threw a grenade at him. I thought by posting one discombobulated response I'd kill all the birds associated with this issue of attacking the foreign country's leader.

Rememeber the assassination of Austria's Franz Ferdinand? Thats how world wars start.

21. Oct 31, 2005 #20
    Do you know wich is the only country that has a "Foreing Leaders assesination policy" ???? You should...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?