Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bush Falls Off Bike in Scotland

1. Jul 6, 2005 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I thought we could do with a little humor. :biggrin:

"President Bush collided with a local police officer and fell during a bike ride on the grounds of the Gleneagles golf resort while attending a meeting of world leaders Wednesday."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=914274

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2005 #2
    What is up with this guy!?! How many times is he going to fall off his bike, choke on pretzels or fall off other crazy two-wheeld vehicles before he overtakes Ford as the clutziest president of the century?

4. Jul 6, 2005 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ahem, Zaphod...

5. Jul 6, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

At this rate, about 2 more weeks

Actually, if we threw one of my friends into the mix, no one on earth has a chance at taking #1 away from her anytime soon.

Followup story:

President Bush has declared war on Scotland and the BMX corporation.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  6. Jul 6, 2005 #5

cronxeh

Gold Member

so grenades dont kill this guy, but bikes and segways do, huh.. interesting

7. Jul 6, 2005 #6
    I guess it was too early to remove his training wheels.

8. Jul 7, 2005 #7
    I think he's in a catagory all his own. :wink:

9. Jul 7, 2005 #8
    Is the police officer suing? :biggrin:

10. Jul 7, 2005 #9

Bush keeps looking better by the day...cool picture

marlon

11. Jul 7, 2005 #10
    I think he is just abt ready for my Mission : Tour de France.

Scene : The race starts. Bush falls off, all the bikers cannot resist looking at it. Since they are not concentrating, they will hit a wall or something. Thats when i start my bike and push it to victory!

-- AI

12. Jul 7, 2005 #11
    i always wonder why you Americans are always whinning about Bush ? i mean, he was elected by your own peole, ok ?

marlon

13. Jul 7, 2005 #12

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Riding a bicycle while listening to his iPod? Just another example of irresponsible risk taking by Bush. Those darn iPods are nearly as bad as cell phones. :grumpy:

Still doesn't top his Segway escapade. Mounting a Segway while holding a tennis racket in one hand and some other unidentified object in the other is definitely risky behavior. And he terrorized the small defenseless dog in the background, to boot. :rofl:

14. Jul 7, 2005 #13
    Yeah, and our 'people' also voted Reagan as the greatest American and give 'reality' TV enough ratings to justify its existence.
    That doesn't mean the rest of us can't point and laugh.

15. Jul 7, 2005 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Thank god the American idol loving crowd didnt get to vote for the President

16. Jul 7, 2005 #15
    I always wonder why you fer'ners are always painting all Americans with the same brush?

Democrats had precious few things to be happy about last November. We take our childish joy where we can.

Like here:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/politics.htm

:rofl:

-Patty

p.s. And to all you conservatives, no offense :tongue2: . And I promise, I'll grow up when he stops playing "Global Risk."

p.p.s. What's the command to post an image driectly?

17. Jul 7, 2005 #16

Later, Bush fell off his bike and injured his chin, upper lip, nose, and hand. John Kerry was reported to have quipped, "Did the training wheels fall off?" This was an uncalled for remark because reports claim that Bush fell while the training wheels were still attached.

18. Jul 7, 2005 #17
    Don't be so sure.

19. Jul 7, 2005 #18
    How come I don't get this much attention when I fall off a bike?

And on other sites like Xanga, I've seen people calling Bush stupid and the worst pres. ever and showing those pics of the bike incident as "proof" or whatever....omg! Falling off a bike shows nothing about Bush's intelligence, however it does show something about his coordination...

20. Jul 7, 2005 #19

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think Evo should be president :wink: o:)

21. Jul 7, 2005 #20

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Well, I guess I am qualified, now that you mention it! I'm politically clueless and a klutz!!! :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?