Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bush: Paranoid, Moody, and Megalomanic

1. Jun 21, 2004 #1
    Well, I stumbled across these articles today:

http://infowars.com/print/Bush/bush_delusiona.htm
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4687.shtml
    Find more with google: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=bush+paranoid

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2004 #2

amp

Yeah, I think many saw it comming. There were reports that he is/was taking proscribed drugs to combat mood swings, to stabilize his behavior. There were reports he was/is using alcohol currently. I have only heard of these problems and do not know of any documents that can attest to these assertions.

these are left sites.

http://www.counterpunch.org/wormer1011.html

http://democrats.com/display.cfm?id=154

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  4. Jun 21, 2004 #3

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I didn't know about the sister dying when he was a child. That can always contribute to a fragile (if brittle) personality. Still, I don't have much use for remote control psychoanalysis; something like this has been turned on nearly every president.

5. Jun 21, 2004 #4

Njorl

Science Advisor

I'm no fan of Bush's, but this is a terrible tactic for a psychiatrist to use. I hate it when Krauthammer does it to Democrats, and it is no better to use it on Bush. There are two things to keep in mind. First, no competent psychiatrist puts a lot of credance behind a remote diagnosis. Even a criminal profiler only uses their profile to help catch the culprit. They don't use such sketchy profiles in court. Second, no reputable psychiatrist would betray a patient's diagnosis. Publishing a public diagnosis is a reprehensible concept.

Psychiatrists should not be barred from commenting publicly on political figures, but they should not publicly psychoanalyse them. Doing so indicates more about the analyst than the politician. It indicates that the doctor is incompetent and disreputable.

Njorl

6. Jun 22, 2004 #5

amp

Could be Njorl, Still its best to be forewarned.

7. Jun 22, 2004 #6
    If you noticed, the first article states:

Why being wary of the accuracy of a remote diagnosis, I would not use that as grounds to immediately dismiss it. Many people have noticed many psychological problems with bush, such as bush apparently thinking he is the agent of god.

White House aides attested to his mood swings.

8. Jun 22, 2004 #7
    Considering the heavy burden on Bush' shoulders i find his behaviour extremely impressive

9. Jun 23, 2004 #8
    I don't think that we need leaders who are prone to change from one moment citing the bible to the next moment yelling obscenities. I don't think that we need a president who thinks that he's the agent of god.

10. Jun 24, 2004 #9
    Creating a war on lies, and getting most of your country to go along with it is most impressive.

11. Jun 24, 2004 #10
    Citing the bible is what every President has done. Yelling obscenities is human. I could quote many of you doing the same! Ever read the bible? Let the innocent one cast the first stone.
    Hes tactless, but i rather have a tactless president than one who isnt willing to confront this Jihad. The burden Bush is carrying around like Jesus' cross is that half the planet hates him. I dont think Jesus himself could carry that one.

And it surprises me that you anti war people continuously ignore the fact there is massive support for this war. I wasnt mislead about this war. I was just one of many who were intelligent enough to realize that having WMD or not is totally irrelevant.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2004
  12. Jun 24, 2004 #11
    I don't recall Bush ever citing the Bible, but I do remember Clinton and the Holy Most Reverend Jesse Jackson praying together in the White House. A very touching moment for me.

13. Jun 24, 2004 #12
    Bush is still stylistically acting like one trying to reckon and reason with the public in his TV appearances. What he says may not be satisfactory and may cover over a rat's nest of secrets and inconsistencies, but he is still putting over pretty good style IMO. He could win the style race against Kerry.

14. Jun 27, 2004 #13
    I agree with Njorl. Very good point.

15. Jun 28, 2004 #14
    :rofl: :rofl:

16. Jun 28, 2004 #15

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Notice that Clinton was happy to pray with Jackson, but he effectively isolated Jackson as a political factor. Clinton collected the black vote in droves without ever asking Jackson to support him. Basically by the end of the Clinton years Jackson was reduced to a local Chicago figure doing photo-ops to an increasinglly bored press.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?