Bush rally or revival meeting?

• News
  • Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has observed a difference between the reactions of crowds at Kerry and Bush rallies. At Kerry rallies, there are no "revival meeting" responses from the crowd, while at Bush rallies, there are frequent outbursts like "amen" and "praise the Lord." This observation leads the speaker to make a joke about a hypothetical pledge one must sign to attend a Bush rally.
Tsu
Gold Member
I've noticed something interesting in this election that I haven't seen in any other - or maybe I just haven't noticed this before...

If you listen to the crowd at a Kerry rally, you don't hear any 'revival meeting' responses ("Booooo!" "Nooooooo!" "Yeah!") injected by the crowd into his speeches. When I listen to the crowd at a Bush rally, it really reminds me of one of those born-again revival meetings. I half expect to hear a big 'AMEN!' or 'Praise the LORD!' tossed in at the end of every Bush statement. :rolleyes:

Just something I've noticed... :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Guess that's part of the pledge you have to sign to attend one of those things ! :wink:

"I hereby solemnly swear to utter a minimum of 10 "amen"s, 20 "yea"s, ..." :biggrin:

This observation is certainly interesting and raises some thought-provoking questions. It could suggest that there is a certain level of passion and enthusiasm among Bush supporters that may not be present among Kerry supporters. It could also reflect a difference in the messaging and tone of the two campaigns. While Bush may be appealing to a more religious and fervent base, Kerry may be focusing on a more intellectual and policy-driven approach. Ultimately, it's important to remember that political rallies and events are intended to energize and rally supporters, so it's not surprising that there may be an element of passion and fervor in the reactions of the crowd. However, it's important to also listen to the substance of the messages and make informed decisions based on policies and values rather than simply getting caught up in the energy of a rally or event.

1. What is a "Bush rally" or "revival meeting"?

A Bush rally or revival meeting is a gathering of supporters of the former President George W. Bush, typically held during his presidential campaigns or in support of his political agenda. It can also refer to a religious event or service aimed at reviving and strengthening one's faith.

2. Who typically attends a Bush rally or revival meeting?

Bush rallies are typically attended by supporters of the former President, including members of the Republican party. Revival meetings, on the other hand, are open to anyone who wishes to attend and are often attended by members of a specific religious community or congregation.

3. What happens at a Bush rally or revival meeting?

A Bush rally typically involves speeches by the former President or other political figures in support of his candidacy or political agenda. There may also be music performances and opportunities for attendees to interact with the speakers. Revival meetings, on the other hand, often include religious services such as worship, prayer, and preaching.

4. Are Bush rallies and revival meetings the same thing?

No, they are not the same thing. While both may involve gatherings of people and speeches, they have different purposes and audiences. Bush rallies are political events, while revival meetings are religious events.

5. How can I find a Bush rally or revival meeting near me?

You can often find information about upcoming Bush rallies on political party websites or social media pages. To find a revival meeting, you can check with local religious organizations or search online for events in your area.