Bush will beat Kerry

• News
  • Thread starter member 5645
  • Start date
Zero
Originally posted by russ_watters
The thing about that misquote, Zero, is the only people I ever hear it from are Democrats who misquote Gore and attribute the misquote to Republicans. Its a misquoted misquote. A smokescreen. (Pre-emptive strike?)
Its a sign of a demented media, is what it is.

russ_watters
Mentor
Originally posted by Zero
Its a sign of a demented media, is what it is.
Maybe (if by "demented" you mean 'left biased,' certainly), but type "gore invented internet" into a pf search and you'll find the misquote in 3 threads: this one, one started by MRP, misquoting it in the other direction (to make it sound like less of a foot-in-mout), and another one by you.

Zero
Maybe (if by "demented" you mean 'left biased,' certainly), but type "gore invented internet" into a pf search and you'll find the misquote in 3 threads: this one, one started by MRP, misquoting it in the other direction (to make it sound like less of a foot-in-mout), and another one by you.
Bull, Russ...if it was left-leaning then the Internet lie woud never have taken hold.

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Back to the topic.

Here's the popular http://www.dailykos.com/section/bush_admin [Broken] that's going around the net, and has even broken into dead tree media.

Last edited by a moderator:
member 5645
Originally posted by selfAdjoint
Back to the topic.

Here's the popular http://www.dailykos.com/section/bush_admin [Broken] that's going around the net, and has even broken into dead tree media.
Unllike bills that are voted on, this list is mostly taken out of context. Kerry votes on things and then says he's against that specific bill. We're not talking about subjective situations, but instead him announcing that he is flip flopping on that specific bill that he voted for.
Things like "Bush-"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush-"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care." have already been discussed in this thread, and things like "Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution." are taken fully out of context.
If zero promises not to lock this like he loves doing to my threads, I'll be happy to refute the whole list (or atlest the majority that can be refuted.)

I'm surprised that list doesn't have the president's first state of the union address about not playing the world's police, and then mention that we went into afghanistan after 9/11 - I guess that would be too obvious, even for them.
[zz)]

Zero
I'm surprised that these aren't defined as Bush's lies, instead of flip-flops...however, if you are in politics for more than a year, you are going to vote in seemingly contradictory ways, depending on the specific circumstances. That's a a simple fact, Dem or Repub, and it means very little without showing very specifc context. I wouldn't be in the least surprised to find that of some of Kerry and Bush's "flip-flops" are reactions to a change in the situation, and not a sign of some pseudo-psychological character flaw.

russ_watters
Mentor
I wouldn't be in the least surprised to find that of some of Kerry and Bush's "flip-flops" are reactions to a change in the situation, and not a sign of some pseudo-psychological character flaw.
Well, I consider "politician" to be a character flaw in and of itself.

On both sides, these "flip-flops" are just the natural politician's instinct to talk out of both sides of their mout at the same time, telling everyone what they hope they want to hear. That's why I look more at actions than statements. The best example is war resolutions like the one for Gulf II: many, many, many Democrats stood up and spoke against the resolution right before they voted in favor of it.

Zero
Well, I consider "politician" to be a character flaw in and of itself.

On both sides, these "flip-flops" are just the natural politician's instinct to talk out of both sides of their mout at the same time, telling everyone what they hope they want to hear. That's why I look more at actions than statements. The best example is war resolutions like the one for Gulf II: many, many, many Democrats stood up and spoke against the resolution right before they voted in favor of it.
Right, like saying "tax cut" every time they open their mouth, as though it were an answer to every problem, or approving a tax cut because you don't have the spine to oppose taking from the poor to give to the rich.

member 5645
taking from the poor to give to the rich.
wow. so sad.

Originally posted by phatmonky
Unllike bills that are voted on, this list is mostly taken out of context. Kerry votes on things and then says he's against that specific bill. We're not talking about subjective situations, but instead him announcing that he is flip flopping on that specific bill that he voted for.
Things like "Bush-"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush-"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care." have already been discussed in this thread, and things like "Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution." are taken fully out of context.
If zero promises not to lock this like he loves doing to my threads, I'll be happy to refute the whole list (or atlest the majority that can be refuted.)

I'm surprised that list doesn't have the president's first state of the union address about not playing the world's police, and then mention that we went into afghanistan after 9/11 - I guess that would be too obvious, even for them.
[zz)]
Ah, so it's not really lying of flip flopping, it's just all taken out of context.

Like when Bush says he'll restore honor and dignity to the white house and "I believe they've moved that sign, 'The buck stops here,' from the Oval Office desk to 'The buck stops here' on the Lincoln Bedroom. And that's not good for the country," in reference to Clinton's renting out the Lincoln bedroom, and then he goes and rents it out to campaign donors himself, all that stuff about honor and dignity is just taken out of context.

I see.

kat
Originally posted by Chemicalsuperfreak
Ah, so it's not really lying of flip flopping, it's just all taken out of context.

Like when Bush says he'll restore honor and dignity to the white house and "I believe they've moved that sign, 'The buck stops here,' from the Oval Office desk to 'The buck stops here' on the Lincoln Bedroom. And that's not good for the country," in reference to Clinton's renting out the Lincoln bedroom, and then he goes and rents it out to campaign donors himself, all that stuff about honor and dignity is just taken out of context.

I see.
Ah yeah...maybe you can tell us who it is that's recently rented the Linclon room? Maybe YOU have insider info...cause it seems that the only thing I've found is hints...innuendo...and no real facts about anyone sleeping...much less renting Lincolns room at the Whitehouse under the Bush administration. Of course..I care less about people sleeping in the Lincolns room, or guest at the whitehouse then WHO those guest are...which I think was the issue in regards to Clinton but then..my memory might not be all it used to be~!~

Zero
Originally posted by phatmonky
wow. so sad.
Yeah, it is sad that the greedy richest 1% had to steal from the poorest 50%, but they went and did it. What's even sadder is taht ignorant people will keep voting for millionaires who don't care at all about them, especially if they say "God" and "Jesus" alot.

Robert Zaleski
Yeah, it is sad that the greedy richest 1% had to steal from the poorest 50%, but they went and did it. What's even sadder is taht ignorant people will keep voting for millionaires who don't care at all about them, especially if they say "God" and "Jesus" alot.
When you say the greedy richest 1%, I guess you mean Democrats. The wealthest 1 percent of Americans give disproportionately more money to Democrats than Republicans.

Zero
Originally posted by Robert Zaleski
When you say the greedy richest 1%, I guess you mean Democrats. The wealthest 1 percent of Americans give disproportionately more money to Democrats than Republicans.
I didn't say either party, did I? I'd like to see your data, just out of curiosity. And, let's not forget where the big corporate money goes...

kat
let's not forget where the big corporate money goes...
To MoveOn.org?

Robert Zaleski
The one percent club
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,75653,00.html[/URL] - 34

schwarzchildradius
That link is complete garbage.
In most states today, most blue-collar jobs are "closed-shop." That means if you want to be an electrician or a carpenter or a welder, you've no choice but to join the union
what the hell is that? thanks to the "conservative" economics, the blue-collar jobs are going to china or wallmart.
Jobs increase but unemployment goes up- how? employed people got more than one job.
To MoveOn.org?
What's a moveon.org?