Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bush's hometown paper endorses Kerry

1. Oct 2, 2004 #1

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Less than enthusiastic support from McCain, blasted by Hagel and Lugar. Now his own hometown paper has abandoned him. If Bush loses, where will he live?

This is the editorial in his hometown newspaper.

http://www.iconoclast-texas.com/Columns/Editorial/editorial39.htm

Of course, they must not hate George Bush as much as they say. If you go to their 'front page' (http://www.iconoclast-texas.com), you can still buy an official "Crawford, Texas - Home of George W. Bush" paperweight for $39.99 (you might want to wait, though; they might go on sale).

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 3, 2004 #2

kat

I'm sorry, I must be missing something. Is this an actual newspaper with circulation numbers...editors and such or a web site calling itself a newspaper? Under it's "about" section it doesn't give any information as to who or where and any cirulation numbers and under it's archives it only has 3 archived editions? What is this?

4. Oct 3, 2004 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Hehe. Good one, guys.

edit: hey, while we're at it, where's the sports section? :grumpy:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  5. Oct 3, 2004 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The sports section ? That only comes out every time Bush goes dirt biking around the ranch. :biggrin:

6. Oct 3, 2004 #5
    The paper has a circulation of about 450 people (I'm quoting high) when I last say this

7. Oct 3, 2004 #6

plover

Homework Helper

Yes, it's a real paper. The source where I first heard this gives 425 as the circulation.

And hey, it reaches more than half the town! :biggrin: The 2000 census gave the population of Crawford as 705, up 74 from 1990.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?