Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bush's speach and his eyes

1. Mar 20, 2003 #1

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I was watching Bush's comments on the attack yesterday evening, is it me or does he actually blink everytime he says a significant word (in between there is this iron stare)

.. concious or unconcious blinking..
    I thought it was really weird :)
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2003 #2
    Unforced blinks are supposedly an indication of honesty. Pathological liars do not exhibit this quality (just watch the deceitful stare of TV commercials). Judging a person on eye blinks alone, however, encourages their dishonesty or your misinterpretation.
  4. Mar 20, 2003 #3
    He always does that (he shows like if he is kind of sorry) while he is extremly happy from the inside !

Didn't you see how much he blinked on 11 September ?
  5. Mar 20, 2003 #4
    Bush ist ein dumm kopf!
  6. Mar 20, 2003 #5

Science Advisor

I always liked the thumb-pointing. They found out during the Clinton presidency that the public really hated it when Clinton emphasized something by pointing his finger. It then became official Republican policy to point with the thumb. I am so happy to be ruled by such geniuses .

7. Mar 20, 2003 #6
    the man looks very confused to me, well confused and trying not to look that way.
  8. Mar 20, 2003 #7

Gold Member

Hm...One hand sometimes in pocket, other hand pointing...yea...Thats what Kennedy did too..I like it actually
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?