Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bush's trend of distracting the public

1. Jul 8, 2003 #1
    Has anyone eles noticed that once one of our wars and "hunts" go sour we turn our attention some where eles.

Our hunt for Osama Bin Ladin....dident find him lets exstiguish and "rebuild" afghanistan.

Warlords begin to slowly take over again and the public is asking for Osma Bin Ladin (as if his death will really stop anything anyway)

Now Iraq has "weapons of mass destruction" we invade at a cost of life and as of now found nothing, tension is mounting but who has time to worry about Iraq when pece in Africa is at risk Korea has a "nukeulair" weapon or two and now i hear that Iran has violated some weapon realted law.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2003 #2

kat

I just have to butt in and ask...when was africa at peace? because I think you really have to attain peace in order to risk it. So, maybe the distraction is that he's NOTICING it's not at peace and not that peace is there and at risk, yes?

4. Jul 8, 2003 #3
    i agree kat

5. Jul 10, 2003 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

All presidents do this. But its not a coincidence that the movie "Wag the Dog" was released during the Clinton Presidency. He was a magician - a master of misdirection.

6. Jul 10, 2003 #5
    i know that all presedents change what peopel are payign attention to to cover up mistakes but Bush is makign it so obvious he need to cover it up more.

I never saw wag the dog was it good

7. Jul 10, 2003 #6

russ_watters

Heh. I never saw it either :wink:

8. Jul 12, 2003 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Politics is like a first date: Nothing is as it appears.

Read The Prince by Machiavelli. This book defines modern politics. It is considered required reading for any person who seeks high office.

9. Jul 12, 2003 #8

russ_watters

Great book. Ironic that its still relevant today.

10. Jul 12, 2003 #9
    So when did they put out a picture-book version for Bush to 'read'? Or does his mommy read it to him before his mid-afternoon nap?

11. Jul 12, 2003 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think it was an illustrated version with each page marked as "DO" or "DON'T"

12. Jul 12, 2003 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It would seem that Carter never read this; a great man but a lousy prince.

13. Jul 12, 2003 #12
    ba bum bum
    hey bush is our leader and...oh wait i got that just now hahaha what an illiterate man

14. Jul 14, 2003 #13
    Ah well never mind, just have to get used to politicians and their ability (inability) to mislead the public over everything that they do.

15. Jul 14, 2003 #14
    lol did anyone see that footage of pres. and mrs. bush in the jeep, and the elephants were getting nasty? i would have given anything to be in that jeep and see the looks on their faces when they saw that!

16. Jul 14, 2003 #15
    oh, and grimmus, you REALLY need help with your spelling!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?